[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My home slot racing center, work in progress

My home slot racing center, work in progress

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: My home slot racing center, work in progress

Postby demether » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:46 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:57 am

I made new precise measurements,

If I use maximal size (with limitations I was speaking about), I can go to 13.5' x 6.2'. But I will not have enough rails left for inner roadcourse.

If I use normal size, it will be like you saw on the pics (with inner short roadcourse).

If I use minimal size (11') I should be able to add to make a 6lanes oval. More a question of esthaetic addition, since I will never have 6 racers around the track. But I thought that maybe we could use the inner lanes for short track courses (bombers, midgets, etc...) and outer lanes for nascar and indy, maybe ?

I don't know. Help would be appreciated. (about bankings or not also, see my other post).

THank you :text-bravo:
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:09 am

Just an observation,On my six lane Artin,We find the inner lanes to be the most fun with the midgets (1-4),the middle lanes are great for jalopies and bombers,(2-5) and when we have six racers or more,its just more fun than we can stand running anything!I am only using r-2's thru r-4's I did not use the R-1's they were just to darn tight for my liking.I tried banking temporarily to see if i would like it,the cars ran much faster and they flew even farther!
I went flat track. Just my 2 cents,maybe 3 with inflation.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby demether » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:15 am

Thank you a lot for the answer. it helps a lot.

Your thoughts about banking confirm mine too !

WHat do you think of the lenght of my oval ? Should I go for a 12' 6lanes, or a 13 and half feet 4 lanes ?

I also made my maths for the 12' 6 lanes. 1 standard straight track is missing ! :D
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:52 am

I would go 4 lanes at the max personally unless you regularly have more people over. Rotation in the lanes is they way to handle more. I think 12' is a good sized oval for what you appear to want to run.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby demether » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 am

Thank you both for your help.

So I would probably go for my first idea, a 12' four lanes with inner 2 lanes, and no banking.

The inner 2 lanes will be there to "fill" the empty inner field, scenery speaking...and maybe run a few GT cars, probably in solo, because oval racing is much funnier on multiplayer.

TOnight I'll order the last electronics, and then I'll start the wood work.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:21 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:35 pm

hi
nice work so far on your Artin, that is to bad you are really far from me, we could arrange a few races on ho and 1/32 scale... i hope you can get all the parts needed so we can see the final result this weekend, btw are you gonna change something on your ho layout?
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:12 pm

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:45 am

Thanks

Yes, that's why I'll wire brakes, and also keep the oval short enough (12.5') so we still can grab the cars on the left end.

Concerning the HO scale, the only possible modification will be removing one foot on the lenght, because I'm mot sure it will fit the available room. But this track is already perfect :D
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:11 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:36 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:26 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:14 am

Folding the track against the wall will not work.

I went to the hardware store today to buy wood and stuff. And I just realized how heavy the materials will be to make the folding track support.

The problem is if I make the support too light, it will be too weak to support its own weight. But if I make the support too sturdy, it will be a way too heavy.

The only other solution would be a aluminum support, but it would be too expensive.

So I'm currently working on an alternative solution. I will reorganize the gaming room, and I'll install the HO track against the wall, as planned first (1meter height), and above, perpendicularly, the oval track (75cms). THink of a T shape.

This way, one of the oval turn will partially be under the HO track. I have to take measurements to see if the 2 tracks remains playable (for marshalling and sight).

The major advantage is that the oval track support will be a classic chipboard or OSB board, cheap and easy to make. The HO track will sit of 8 wood feet, giving me the opportunity (in the future, now I'll keep it simple and cheap) to create shelves and racks under it.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:48 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads