[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My home slot racing center, work in progress

My home slot racing center, work in progress

SHOW YOUR SLOT CAR TRACK!
Photos and Descriptions of YOUR Home Layout

Re: My home slot racing center, work in progress

Postby vins123 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:16 pm

pm sent
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:59 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:24 pm

:mrgreen:

The only thing missing is my tablehockey game :lol:

I finished my wood parts list, tommorow I'll go shopping :dance:

By the way, the final layout size is 14'x6'
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:49 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:36 pm

;)

I'll probably start tommorow afternoon !

I first have to make 2 straight parts and 2 turns parts. The straights are 255cm long, and my wood sheets are 240cms. So I will need to extend them. The widht is just perfect (40cms - a 4lanes artin track + border is 37cms).

For the turns, again, since I'm using wood (and not plywood), I'm limited to what I found (240x50cms). So I will need to make them in 3 square parts assembled together.

It would be cool if the assembly would be done this week end, so monday I could cut the turns inner and outer curves, and start working in the support feet.

For this I'll use these common wood foldable feet. I've got a ton of them. I will seperate them in 2 parts, and buid some kind of H shaped feet assembly, and screw the 2 straights and 2 turns on them.

Finally, I'll assemble the 2 straight and 2 turns together, and put these nice MDF borders all around (inner and outer of the track support). Then, after a paint shot (to protect the plain wood from moisture especially) it will be time to install and pre-wire the track on this.

That's the theory at least.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:42 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks !
I still hope to keep my deadline, finishing the whole table before the week end. Then, it will be the painting and track installing, and finally, the BOOOORRRRRRRINNNNNNG wiring process.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:15 pm

VERY cool! I really like the way this is shaping up! And I still want a Lego table. I saw the Lego Movie and loved the basement scenes - totally what any Lego kid wants!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby demether » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:21 pm

My lego train layout filled 2 things I wanted : a electric train layout, and play with lego again ! ;)

Concerning the oval, I cant wait to complete it. Then it will be time to move the HO track downstair. I hope everything will be ready before september.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:05 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 pm

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi Dimitri
looking good and going really fast...
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:53 am

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:52 am

demether,

You originally said you were going to build the oval on a foldable table. Is this still true? If so, how are you going to affix the track to the table so it stays in place when folded?

BTW - if that were my man cave, I don't think I'd ever leave.

Awesome setup.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby demether » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks a lot !

@florida slotter : As I explained a few pages before (not your fault, I'm too wordy, this info is probably embedded in 5000lines of more or less useless text ;) ) it will not be foldable. The track is huge (especially now I'm building the table...Huge for a room like this, truly), and the plasterboards would not have support this weight. I would had to make a very complex (and pricey) structure.

Here's the room footprint, it will be simplier to understand :

demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Reader's Roads