Area 51 Raceway - 12 Hour Endurance Race

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

Re: Area 51 Raceway - 12 Hour Endurance Race

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:30 am

To everyone who participated, thank you for helping to make these races so successful. The teams that participated seemed to enjoy the 2-race format so we'll plan to do it again next year. Some have suggested opening the RevoSlot race up to include the Porsche 911's as well (and possibly the Vipers and Supras??).

Congratulations to Cloverleaf Racing on their win in the 12-hour Group 5 race. They hit the car setup and drove a fast, consistent pace for the entire 12 hours. Well done!

Congratulations to Team CanAm (unfortunately without the "Can" this year...) on their win in the 4-hour RevoSlot Marcos race. Their car was just a tick faster and they did a very good job driving for their first win ever!! The top 3 teams were separated by just 10 laps after almost 1,500 laps of racing!! It was anyone's race until the very end. Again, well done!

It will take a few days to fully recover but I'm already looking forward to next year's races. In the meantime, the 2019 Michigan 24 is right around the corner. Hope to see everyone there!

:text-bravo:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks to Steve, Holly and Tom for the invite and the hospitality. I did like the new format made for a more relaxed weekend. Liked the Revo Slot race cant believe how close they were at the end of the race. Already looking forward to the next race.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:07 am

"Ditto" on everything Mike said. I just hope a team needs someone to run on their team next year. Definitely worth the twelve hour trip to get there.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:58 am

Glad you could join us Butch! Most racers who haven't raced on Area 51 struggle a bit coming up the learning curve. You'd never know this was your first visit - you consistently turned some of the fastest laps all weekend!! See you in the Spring!

:text-bravo:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:10 am

Thanks for the kind words, Steve.

Everyone on our team had consistently fast laps. It's easy when you have a fantastic car and Corey built us a fantastic car. :music-rockout:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 am

I am sure we will need you next time Butch. We will just have to get you a better looking shirt for the next race.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:18 am

That's my lucky shirt. That's why we won. :D
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center