[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Team SCC heading out to the Michigan 24 hour race!

Team SCC heading out to the Michigan 24 hour race!

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

Re: Team SCC heading out to the Michigan 24 hour race!

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:39 am

You bet, there was a lot of driving talent on that track. I *think* that only 7 of us were rookies at Cloverleaf. The rest knew the track very well, and they drive that track quickly and consistently. They also drive it maturely, and give each other space to pass. Very good atmosphere for driving. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:47 am

"give each other space to pass"

Is that a non-nerf sort of thing? I always thought that might be a feature of the very long enduros, so I'm curious.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby cgingras » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:16 am

Exactly. When a faster car is getting close to you, you try to let it pass in a "safe" zone. If you're inside another car, you do your best not to nerf him by slowing down.

Saying "Thank you" and "Go ahead" is also a good thing to do in a race like this. I tried to do it each time I was passing or letting someone pass.

That doesn't mean there's no close and wild racing, on the contrary. If two cars are pretty equal, we go at it and I had some great battles on the track, sometimes for 6-7 consecutive minutes, almost side by side. Even then, nerfing can be avoided most of the time.

When it happens, a "Sorry" goes a long way.
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby Moby Dick » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:22 am

As far as I am aware,
There were no instances of intentional nerfing during the race. It has no place in this type of racing.
Thats not to say the competitive spirit of the event was not high, it was very competitve between the teams.
Even between teams which were far apart in overall distance.
For example, I knew smokeio would bring a faster car than I built, and the SCC drivers have more skill and are more experienced in this type of racing. My goal was to run as close to team scc's pace as I possibly could knowing my car was about a tenth off of smokeios car. For The most part, save for time off the track and a tire issue in that last heat, I was able to keep pace with my scc counterpart.
The biggest difference being car preparation. I learned a lot of valuable information from running in my first 24 hr race and I expect our team to be competitve with scc next year. No I dont think we will BEAT SCC, But if we can keep the car out of the pits, we will be competitve.
Elsecundo is on the money when he says to do what SCC did thencar has to be ridiculously fast AND extremely easy to drive. Something smokeio does better than ANYONE.
Moby Dick

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:16 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:57 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Budslots » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Yes Kurt and I had to navigate the tight turn 75% of the passes he made on our car. I did nerf him twice though. but over the amount of time we raced that was really good. I did not race him hard as his car was faster than mine. But I knew if I did race him hard I would crash or take us both out. Since laps are the game and not speed that is why I did what I did. We needed every lap we could get since our car was .2 seconds behind per lap.

Next year if we are faster it might be another story Kurt. Just Kidding, It was great racing with you!
Budslots

Postby ElSecundo » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:07 pm

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:20 am

Note to self for next year...
Make Kurt talk while he's driving, but wear earplugs so you don't hear him... :lol:

And leave him alone when he's on the button as he's known to not push it when he's distracted... :naughty:

:lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Moby Dick » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:54 am

Moby Dick

Postby cgingras » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:15 am

He's deaf from the left ear. Why do you think we put him on the red lane??!! Every little bit of strategy counts. :P
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby Smokeio » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:51 am

The secret with Dickie is just to ask him what time it is.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:58 am

What?

Oh yeah, it's 8:15 :banana-rock:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby rbianchi » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:13 pm

rbianchi

Previous

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center