[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Oops I did it again

Oops I did it again

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

Re: Oops I did it again

Postby SlotCarCorner » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:39 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Ember » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Do they do a red vinyl jumpsuit for Barbie? For some reason that image has scarred me.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:08 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:26 pm

No Dave. It's actually shades of purple currently.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:54 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Ember » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:17 pm

I do my best to be the perfect cartoon character. :)
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby 4424ever » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:53 pm

UUUUUUUUM :text-nocomment:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:34 pm

All this talk of red jumpsuits, purple hair, Barbies and such, egads! I do the same thing on parts orders. I go to SCC looking for one thing and end up with everything but what I went there for. So you are not alone in your forgetting the parts you wanted. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:54 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dreinecke » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:43 pm

Wow. I didn't really mean for things to get that out of control...please, please, please - do not start me on Jessica Rabbit...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Last edited by TuscoTodd on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Oh no, are we getting Roger involved too? :scared-eek:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:42 am

Guys,

I think it's more along the lines of mind control. The folks at SCC have come up with a way of getting you to distract yourself when you go and look for parts and such.

If you don't believe me, just take a look at the way their site menu is designed:

•Clearance
•1/32 Slot Cars
•1/32 Slot Car Parts (by Brand)
•1/32 Slot Car Parts (by Type)
•Adhesives
•Apparel & Banners
•C.B. Design Wheels
•Controller Adapters
•Controller Holders
•Controllers
•Customer Projects
•Drivers Stations
•Forum
•Gift Certificates
•HRW Sponsorship
•Lubrication
•Parma Parts & Cars
•Paul Gage Tires
•Race Management
•Reference
•Software
•Super Tires 1/32
•Super Tires H.O.
•Super Wheels
•Tools
•Track Braiding
•Track Wiring
•Shipping Services

I know for one, I always check out the Clearance section. Hey, if I can save a small portion of money, then I can purchase more stuff. I hate to say it, but I've been using my wife's mantra about, "Look how much money I saved you!" Thus far it has worked and as long as I can get away with it, I will.

Of course the SCC folks put the "1/32 Slot Cars" heading next. I mean they could have placed it lower down the list with a name like "New Slot Cars" or something similar, but no, they chose to put it second. I know I feel like a deer caught in headlights whenever I open this up. But the human mind says that logically you should go to the next choice in line. I mean we've been conditioned to stand in line all of our lives, so why shouldn't a brilliant businessman take advantage of it?

Now that I've been dazzled by all the glitter and gleam, all I can think of at this time is "squirrel" or some such thought.

Just want you to know that it's all a conspiracy, it's not your fault. No need to see a medical professional for assistance.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:27 pm

Marty - wait...I've been suckered again? Doh!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:45 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

PreviousNext

Return to Slot Car Corner News Center