[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Reverse switch doesn't work?

Reverse switch doesn't work?

Check here for new product updates and technical help.

Reverse switch doesn't work?

Postby turbokev » Tue May 06, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm wiring up my track finally and started with the middle lane..

I followed the SCC track wiring pdf very carefully (I think) and the car drives just fine using the controller,
however when I throw the reverse switch it doesn't work.. still have the green light on my PM 2110 controller,
but the trigger does nothing...

Here's the connection under that drivers station..

(the extra white and red will be attached to the track call button)

Here's where it connects to a braid drop (and piggy backs over to the other infield braid drop)

Here's the inside of the drivers station..

Didn't see a troubleshooting section in the guide specific to reversing direction..

Thoughts?
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Reverse switch doesn't work?

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue May 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Hello Kev,

Tough to see your switch wiring. Here are some things to check:

1) Make sure you're using a DPDT switch

2) Be sure to wire the "X" connecting the terminals on the 4 corners of the switch. Here's a schematic that shows how the lane reversing switch should be wired.

:)
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby turbokev » Tue May 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Thanks Steve!!

I followed everything to a T with the exception of those diagonal jumpers across the switch..
Going to add them now~
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue May 06, 2014 2:30 pm

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Ember » Tue May 06, 2014 4:10 pm

That is the part that is just so simple to miss. I remember having the same problem on mine and scratching my head over it for ages.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby turbokev » Tue May 06, 2014 4:31 pm

I must be inept..

lane was working fine in one direction..

All I did was the diagonal jumper Steve pointed out, and now the lane is dead..
Doesn't work in either direction. :doh:

Yes, I still have power coming up to the station after the fuse.. I checked it.

I got the switches from SCC so I'm assuming they are the right ones..

New ideas?

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue May 06, 2014 6:40 pm

Hello Kev,

Check your email.

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby turbokev » Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 pm

a HUGE thanks to Steve who just spent an hour+ on the phone with me going thorugh all the connections and what not..

In the end, my drop in section that allows for road course and oval, had lost continuity on the lane I was working on.. :roll:

I had everything wired right, the switches were good.. I just didn't have a complete cicuit that I did have a half hour earlier..

I'll tidy everything up tomorrow and we should be racing.. in both directions :text-bravo:
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed May 07, 2014 5:24 am

Glad to help Kev - let me know if you need help with the connectors.

:auto-driving:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed May 07, 2014 7:46 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby turbokev » Wed May 07, 2014 8:28 am

Verrry funny.. Sometimes us super genius guys are thinking at such a high level we miss the obvious stuff :laughing-rolling:

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed May 07, 2014 8:59 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Reslotted » Fri May 09, 2014 7:33 am

Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!