[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - P-BOP cars stop over for a little street racing!

P-BOP cars stop over for a little street racing!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

P-BOP cars stop over for a little street racing!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Slot Therapist came up with a sweet idea that I think everyone will get a kick out of!
In conjunction with qualifying and running on the oval tonight, we also ran the cars through a full bracket shoot out on the drag strip (complete with videos!) :D
Gooood times!

There were definitely some surprises and then even a grudge run afterward between two of the top contenders! Good entertainment!

So to start things off - we drew numbers out of a hat to set the bracket...

ShotgunDave vs. Slot Therapist
(Slot Therapist was first out of the hole - but then ShotgunDave motored by mid track!)

Retro Racer 44 - #45 car vs. TuscoTodd
(TuscoTodd rolled through too many marbles coming to the line and blew off the tires out of the hole and was never able to recover)

Retro Racer 44 - #44 vs. Oldslotracer
(Retro Racer 44 - #44 hooks hard out of the hole to keep Oldslotracer at bay!)

Btaylor vs. Strangbrew #45
(Btaylor gets the hole shot - but Strangebrew runs him down half track for the win)

Strangebrew #84 - bye run

(updated broken video links... not sure why they "corrupted" - but should work now...)
Last edited by TuscoTodd on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: P-BOP cars stop over for a little street racing!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:47 pm

So after the first round - the match ups look like this:

ShotgunDave vs. Retro Racer 44 - #45
(ShotgunDave is off the line like he is shot out of a cannon and never looks back!)

Retro Racer 44 - #44 vs Strangebrew #45
(Retro Racer 44 wheelies out of the slot - Strangebrew takes the round!)

(updated broken video links... not sure why they "corrupted" - but should work now...)
Last edited by TuscoTodd on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Ha! What a hoot. GREAT idea, this was a really good show.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:55 pm

That is just awesome! You guys are so lucky to still have a commercial track to run on, and big enough for that drag strip. I have a nice little Mark Thomas blown hemi. If I had known we were dragging, I'd have cut a hole in the hood of my little red coupe and popped it in there. I can't wait to see the next rounds.

Keith

Ok, I just saw round 2. I guess that blown hemi might have held the front down, but a drop arm guide might have been better, eh?
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Round 3 and Finals!

With Strangebrew #45 having a bye run - it was down to only one more run leading to the finals!

Strangebrew #84 vs ShotgunDave
(ShotgunDave's hard hook out of the hole was just too much for Strangebrew #84 to run down!)

ShotgunDave vs Strangebrew #45
(Strangebrew tried to run ShotgunDave down - even floating the front end out of the slot a couple times mid track(!) - but ShotgunDave's hook out of the hole was just too much to overcome!)

Congrats ShotgunDave!
:auto-layrubber:

Last edited by TuscoTodd on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:08 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Wow, that was fun! I don't know how to score that with the others, so I will leave this one for Bragging Rights only. Way to go Dave, that little pick-up is fast
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:14 pm

And just for a bit of "old school" feel - a little rematch between Retro Racer 44's #45 and ShotgunDave's machine...
(Shown in Black & White) :)

Thanks again guys for sending us a GREAT group of cars to run!

Last edited by TuscoTodd on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:21 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Hmmmmm, let's see.

We have 2 casters making tons of old coupe and sedan bodies.

I just learned Todd and the gang have one heck of a drag strip.

So....HRW Rat Rod Gnats anyone? :)

We only have 378 races going on already, what is one more? :)

Ok, going back to the Skunkworks and hiding. Forget I ever said that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:20 pm

Todd;

OK I give up who won that shoot-out? They looked pretty even until they disappeared into the gloom.

Harry;

That is a great idea, I'm in, and I even have the Hemi for it. Are there any other drag strips around, if so I smell a new proxy. I know there was a 1/43 drag last year, but this track would be great for a 1/32 one. Old school drag racing, hot rods, fuelies and altereds. Does anyone make a 1/32 Fiat Topolino or T bucket? Paul Gage makes some pretty fat tires and CBD makes wide rims. Maybe a Piranha as the only motor to keep it close, but let the rest be pretty open.

Sounds like a load of fun. This might even get me watching real drag racing again. What say you guys over there in Canton?

Keith

Edit- I guess I should have watched this with the sound turned on as the person speaking said who won.
Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot Therapist » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:09 am

I might have to post multi angled shots for that proxy. Todd and I have access to yet another drag track in Akron if your looking for more action.
Slot Therapist

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

Oh man! I LOVE this idea!
Bring on the ratrods!!!! :D

Oh and Keith - sorry it was kind of hard to tell in the black and white - but Dave did edge you on the big end. :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:28 am

I have no drag track anywhere near me, But i will build a drag car for any fun run that pops up! You can bet on that!
Just tell me when its due, where to send it, and i am so in!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:37 pm

I figured he had. That pickup is fast, and my lead sled is better on corners than in a straight line.

Of course, if I build a car for the strip, hmm! I would have nowhere to test it as our longest straight around her is about ten feet long or so, but that would be half the fun, guessing the best ratio. I just looked up altereds, slingshot dragsters and rat rods on google. Plenty to get the creative juices going. Now what is the fattest wheel tire combo from CBD and PG? But I guess we don't want to do top fuel and have our cars fold like Dixon's last week, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!