[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW Land Speed & Drag fun run!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:43 pm

The second transport followed I-75 north to Ohio bringing an impressive load! There was not just one, two or even three Land Speed entries on the transport - but FOUR!
:scared-eek:
And one of them even sports all wheel drive! :o

First off the transport was the sleek and slippery looking Class A - Ace Auto Parts / Frank's Speed Shop entry:

This was followed by the three Class B entries! The first of which was the areo body Stude - which looks to have received the Harry Hogge " I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet" treatment - making for one slippery looking machine!

This was followed by the first of the Salt Flat style cars - the Paul's Speed Shop #560

And then the wild AWD - Fast Times 5!

While everyone was oo-ing and ahh-ing over the Land Speed entries - no one noticed the rail... That is until it cackled to life and got EVERYONE'S attention!
Not to be outdone by "Flat Out"'s display, the driver of the Bob's Speed shop machine cracked the butterflies and lit the hides with a grin. :D

Starting to be a pretty impressive collection of cars here! :handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:31 am

Great pics Todd! glad they made it safe and sound.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:04 am

What's happening now? Are all the cars at the strip, or are we still waiting for some?

Having not had a drag strip on which to test Retro's Rocket Fiat and Retro's Speed Shop Studey, I can't wait to see if I guessed right on the gearing.
They will either work well or be absolute dogs, but at least they were both fun builds.

Todd and Terry, have fun with them and we are all holding our collective breath, eh?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:23 am

Keith -
The transports continue to roll in - making for a nicely growing field of cars! :D
I plan to send out PM's later today to see how everyone is doing now that the holiday is over with.
(I had moved the due date to this week - so hopefully the rest of the field is either on the road, or getting ready to roll out)
One of the things I plan to do at the first track, is since a number of builders do not have access to a drag strip, is to use the first trip to the track as a test and tune run, making notes on how each car runs/acts and then contacting each builder before getting into the "official" action. :)
I figure that way If there are any issues (like wheelie-ing out of the slot, etc) - I will let the builder know and will be able to possibly address. As cool as all of these cars look, I really want all of them to be able to pull off making clean passes, verses having issues that don't allow them to show their true capability (especially if the addition of a little lead, etc will fix the issue). :D
Looking forward to seeing what the mail lady may be bringing today! :banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Ok fellas, this is the big week, lets get this thing goin !!
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:39 pm

A CLEAN looking 'Vette has just joined the ranks of the Hot Rod class with Bookie's "Hellion" rolling onto the scene!
:banana-dance:

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:37 pm

My car will go out thursday. Was going to go tomorrow until i cleared it tonight and one side krinkled :(. Not sure why but oh well. Kinda fixed it but still looks nasty. Will send it the way it is. Ill mount the body tomorrow and send her out.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:01 am

That is a sharp looking machine!
Looking forward to seeing it in person! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:46 am

transport will be pulling out in the next hour or so.....
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:22 am

Sweet Deal! Look forward to the arrival!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:24 am

As a FYI...
I did a quick update of the spreadsheet showing the current status of the participants as of lunch today (mail doesn't get here until later) - hopefully won't be too much longer before all of the boxes show GREEN! :D

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:01 pm

Transporter says hell be there by saturday :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:31 am

We have one mean fish in the house!
:D

More transports still inbound - looking forward to what the mail lady may have for me today! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:07 am

Nice looking Cuda Steve! Great pic Todd! Looks very real.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!