P-BOP cars visit a KING!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: P-BOP cars visit a KING!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:32 am

Keith -
The Combo-Oval we originally planned on running won't be available for a number of weeks, so my intention was to send the cars and goodies on to Strangebrew this week.
They definitely made for a fun field of cars to run and look forward to something similar in the future! :handgestures-thumbup:

Cool to see how the various tracks have been bringing to light the strengths of different cars - thank you for the updates on the leader board! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Sounds good! You guys have done a great job putting in a few races and no to mention creating a spin-off after your drag fun. After Strangebrew is done with them, we have a few races here before we send them home.

I really like the open motor rule. The 1:1 cars back in the day ran whatever the owner could find, and just as our proxy, the big motors could often be beaten by smaller ones. Personally, I like to tame a big motor with a heavier than usual chassis.

Thanks,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Keith -
Appreciate the kind words!
Without being able to broadcast live - we try to make it a point to get a number of pictures, along with qualifying and racing info to to share with both the builders and the forum in general. I know, as a participant, I am always interested in the good/bad of how my build has done at a particular track - and with the WIDE variety of venues our cars may see in a proxy - it seems as though there is always shuffling in how the cars perform - so it typically makes for some interesting feedback! (heck the differences noted between the three tracks we ran them at here in Ohio are a prime example!) So I am glad to hear that people like the way we have been approaching these runs and look forward to hosting more of them in the future! :D

In regard to the P-BOP proxy - I really liked the open / mildly restricted rules for this. It made for a lot of fun building and hope that we do something similar to this again in the near future! I found it to be a great way to use parts from the "spares" pile that didn't, and most likely wouldn't have, had a home in any type of build any time soon... :)
:handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Mayberryman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:10 pm

That track looks to be in great shape and from the looks of the metal legs it looks to be one of the older Kings. I guess you could say this was The Daytona of your series, I am sure you guys are having a blast.
Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!