[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Modifieds Round #2 results from New Hampshire

Modifieds Round #2 results from New Hampshire

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Modifieds Round #2 results from New Hampshire

Postby turbokev » Tue May 26, 2015 7:24 am

The old school modifieds rolled in to New Hampshire last week and have had plenty of track time
leading up to last nights Memorial Day feature event. Each car was run for 2 minutes in each of
the three lanes, and number of laps as well as fast lap times for each heat were recorded.

Tie breaker for lap totals was determined by 'sectors' (My oval has 8 sectors), then by fast lap if need be.

I ran over 1,100 laps last night with the cars and had a great time! I know several folks tuned in
to the live broadcast on U-Stream.. They got to see highlights like me squirming like a girl when
a spider dropped off the ceiling on to my arm, Harry's car barrel rolling in to turn one and vaulting
up and over the fence on to the ground, and the unfortunate demise of the Sadco Racing entry
when it hit a lost body mount pin at full speed, shearing off the guide and catapulting the car
down the back stretch.

These cars were a blast to drive and many were really quick.. At the end of it all, the car that won
was the lightest, and had the skinniest rear tires. It was very fast on the straights, and once I
adjusted to a little kick out it was doing exiting turn 2, I was able to run it hard and fast lap after lap.

Congrats to the podium finishers, and great job by all on some super scratch built rides!

Results:

Your race winner, by 3 full laps over the second place car, :auto-checkeredflag: CHAPPY !! :auto-checkeredflag:

And your top 3 finishers.. great job guys~

Cars will be boxed up and shipped off to HRW HQ, then they will go out to Daves in California for the finale~.
I'm going to replace the guide on the #10 car, and see about getting the body pin on the 77 back in place prior to shipping.

Thanks again to all you builders, it was great to see the varied designs and race these for the last week :text-thankyouyellow:
Last edited by turbokev on Tue May 26, 2015 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Modifieds Round #2 results from New Hampshire

Postby btaylor » Tue May 26, 2015 7:39 am

Great work Kev! sorry I missed the live coverage, I go to bed early. Looks like you had a blast with them though, and that's what this is all about.
Congrats Chappy! I knew your car would step out on the wood tracks, and it sure did.
All these cars are very cool to race.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue May 26, 2015 8:32 am

Cool stuff. Except the dropping spiders. I do not like those :)

Kev, the cars come to me next and then finish at Dave's.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby turbokev » Tue May 26, 2015 8:59 am

Got it Boss.. Cars will head to you first, I edited my first post.
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue May 26, 2015 11:25 am

Wow, just got home from the city after a race night, and I was nowhere near the podium down there.
Great news to come home too.
Lots of fun, I justed watched the video too, awesome running Kev.
I didnt see the spider dash, I had my eyes closed lol.
Cheers Lads.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby strangebrew » Tue May 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Did Strangebrew Motorsports leave a smoke contrail in it's wake???????????
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Tue May 26, 2015 4:58 pm

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Wed May 27, 2015 12:30 pm

As Maxwell Smart used to say...
Missed it by this much!"

Good racing!

Don M