[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - CanAm - Build Thread

CanAm - Build Thread

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: CanAm - Build Thread

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:42 am

Thanks Chris,
I am a Nissan fan, so as soon as I saw the RMS body I had to go for it. It was neat learning about the R381, I even purchased a book on it from Japan!
Unfortunately all the text was in Japanese. It does have some great photos of the R380 thru R382 series.

I can only hope to score a win as Moto Kitano did. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:38 am

First sample chassis landed yesterday.... Started my mock-up right away...
The nose on the Shadow mki is very low - I kept pushing the guide backward until it fit! It's an LMP guide - ended up being an independent front end..... Each front axle has 2 spherical bearings - ride height is controlled by the rear screw.... Little bit different than anything else. Axles will end up being hollow with a solid rivet to retain it...... Just don't have all the parts yet...

Might get the body back today... So far - so good!

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:17 am

Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Well one Alfa T33/12 done, one to go. :D
Of course the P class is done, the easiest one. ;)
Now onto the B class. I have been doing the Bart Simpson on my blackboard.
Brass is my friend. Brass is my friend , Brass is my friend. :roll:
Ok now I'm ready. :scared-eek:
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:14 pm

mine are ready when it`s time, 8-)
Last edited by Ky.Slot Racer on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:44 pm

WOW! Those are some great looking cars!
Two thumbs up sir!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:14 am

Very impressive cars.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:38 pm

They certainly are............! :text-bravo:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby acmost » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:28 pm

Oh man!
acmost
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Well, it's been awhile since I put in an update on my brass chassis build...............November 28th, to be exact. I got stuck behind 3 cars that I was building out for the CanAm proxy over on the SCI board and, well, it just got away from me. Today I picked it up again. Not a lot to show, but some progress. Soldering is new to me and what I've done so far looks awful. But, in the spirit of sharing the bad with the good, here it is

First, getting ready to solder up the first piece; the rear body attachment pad:

The rear attachment soldered; my first joint............ugly as sin........in fact, I'm starting to feel a lot better about sin, after looking at that joint...........:

Prepping the forward body attachment plate; behind the front axle:

And the solder up:

Fortunately, these get flipped over with the finished chassis............:

Next, the motor mount; planning stage:

And some soldering:

Next, the guide tongue plate positioning:

Followed by the solder up:

And that's where it stands now. I need to fabricate the guide tube and get the front of the guide tongue shaved down so that it will not bind in the guide.

I've learned that you can drag a bead of solder if you do it slowly and that this leads to joints without spaces. I've also learned that something that I'm using in the process gives me a headache............ :think:

More tomorrow, I think.............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:24 pm

Looking good Allan.
I just discovered a soldering fluid called antiflux. You brush it like liquidflux, but put it where you dont want the solder to go. I think it will help me clean up my soldering a bit . Its put out by Tix.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby bookie » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:40 pm

I think it looks pretty good
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Audi1,
It doesn't have to be pretty to win, that's why we have paint and bodies. :)
I really like your design for this car, watching with much interest!
Just don't set one of those toothpicks on fire.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:26 pm

scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby urbanwarrior » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Well I started out with a PCS 32 chassis. After setting it up I used a small drop of blue Loctite to secure the screw and nut that held it together. Apparently some of the Loctite got onto the plastic chassis. That stuff makes plastic crack and become very brittle, so it was back to the drawing board.

So I am now working on my Lotus with an MRRC chassis, we will see how this goes as the deadline line is approaching.
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!