[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:11 pm

Today is August 14th, one day away from the deadline for payment of entry fees. More than half of the entrants have paid their fees, but about ten or so have yet to do so.

Is this a problem? Not yet. The purpose of the early payment was intended to allow people on the waiting list to take the place of anyone who hadn't paid. We presently have 35 entrants, with a limit of 36, so there will be no bumping. I do hope, however that fees will come in soon, thereby confirming your participation, and allowing us to purchase enough prizes so everyone gets something in the box when your cars come home.
PP address is keithahines@gmail dot com. Thanks.

We have several sponsors lined up who will be providing prizes or discounts. I would like to thank Slot Car Corner Canada in particular for a prize package that includes three cars and a number of parts. Other sponsors will be listed later.

It is one month now before the cars should be here. September 15th is the due date. The postal strike threatened a month or two ago seems to be in abeyance, so cars can be mailed to the following address. If the strike still happens, we will delay the start until the cars have arrived. Two cars have arrived to join mine which is already here. I have heard that others are en route and should be here this week. If you can let me know when your car is en route, and if possible, the tracking number, I will know when to watch for them.

Keith Hines
11977 237 Street
Maple Ridge, BC,
Canada V4R2C8

Please remember to declare "Used toy cars for competition, will be returned to owner after the races" to avoid extra duty or taxes.

We have the crew and tracks ready, and this is going to be a fun proxy.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:31 am

Have I paid yet.................?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Yes, you have Allan, according to the Targa 2 Master Spreadsheet. Just a handful of people yet to pay, as I got six PayPals this morning.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Keith
Payment submitted after second attempt...
Thank you
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Here is an updated entry list showing the cars now entered, and whether the entry fee has been paid and the car received.

Entrant Car # Paid Received

Mike Gatey PAID REC
Bob Chapman 23 PAID REC
Bill Beggs 74 PAID REC
Keith Hines 11 PAID REC
Mike Dove 146 PAID REC
Dave Capelen 142 PAID REC
Barbs Hills 152 PAID REC
Mike Buss 148 PAID REC
Dennis Samson 100 PAID REC
Max Rossmassler 13 PAID REC
Adrian Pawlowski 602 PAID REC
Dariusz Pawlowski 27 PAID REC
Daniel Heald 36
Luf Linkert PAID REC
Al Schwartz 104 PAID REC
Dan Crowley 20 PAID REC
Brian Samson 58 REC
Steve Morrow 150 PAID REC

Class B

Jon Grainger 7 PAID REC
Dale Carstensen 3 PAID REC
Bob Goulet 48 PAID REC
Christian Mayer 5 PAID REC
Leo Capaldi 4 PAID REC
Tony Bovard 6 PAID REC
Steve Williams 85 PAID REC
Ron Todhunter 13 PAID REC
Chris Walker 1 PAID REC
Perry Roussy 33 PAID REC
Allan Jarvis 12 PAID REC
Robert Bance 36 PAID REC
Keith Wells 111 PAID REC
Tony Palmer 33 PAID REC
Andy White 56 PAID REC
Russell Sheldon 63 PAID REC
Leon Luke 2 PAID REC

I will update this post as the remaining fees are paid and cars arrive.

Cheers,

Keith
Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:27 am, edited 11 times in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:37 pm

well glad I paid, now to get that darn car to you lol.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby steeveew » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Keith,
I will use# 85 again .

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Thanks Steve.

The list above has been updated.

Keep those transporters coming, eh?

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Well. I finally got the little guy finished.....

Should be in the mail tomorrow.

See you at the races!!
Cheers
Chris Walker

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Chris,
This car looks too light (maybe I should just too fast!) maybe add about 200 grams of weight like say right on top of the motor. Could you please add one photo of the rear end of the car so I can see now what I will be looking at in the proxy.
Seriously that is one very nice piece of art.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:22 pm

Awesome looking car Chris.

The competition this year will be intense. I pity the concours judges as the cars coming in are a step way up from last year's.

Team Scotland has arrived, and a bonny wee 908-3 it is, complete with a Changing Gearz 3D printed chassis.

So far the Canada Post strike is holding off and the first stages will be rotating and no overtime, so shouldn't stop the mail altogether. I check my mailbox every day, and will post when cars arrive.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:59 pm

"This car looks too light (maybe I should just too fast!) maybe add about 200 grams of weight like say right on top of the motor."

I think you're right, Dale. There must be some way to "help" this guy out. :angry-tappingfoot:
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Last edited by Rleog on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Wow!!....That looks great Bob :text-bravo:

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:04 pm

WOW some serious cars coming to this. Those Porsche's look great.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!