[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GVSCC Targa 2

GVSCC Targa 2

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: GVSCC Targa 2

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:54 am

In my best Paris Hilton voice: That's Hot
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:45 am

Very nice looking car, Keith! Will be interested to see how it performs as an IL. Piranha sounds right for that car.

Look out concourse..............! :text-bravo:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:54 am

Great looking car, I have one of those and had the same issues with the front drive setup.
Maybe I'll get it a proper brass chassis someday. At the back of the already long list now that I have discovered brass. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:02 am

Update on the GTO. I took it to Mike's new track last night and got in a few laps. We had 17 racers out last night with only three lanes, so I didn't want to hog the lane when others needed to try it for the first time.

The car lived up to its expectations and I'm sure it will be a good one. With the 1/16 inch brass plates on the chassis, and the body set low over it, the car handles flat and smooth. I was using old tires, but will get some new ones from Luf on Friday when we are back on the Targa. I expect times in the mid 8s to begin with, but I think this car could run in the 7s once it is tuned up. And it sure does look pretty, eh?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:33 am

Beautiful work on an iconic Ferrari. The rare 1:1 250 GTO's are going for multiple millions of dollars at auction these days. Sounds like you've already got a podium contender for both concours and competition with plenty of time remaining to tune it.

Well done.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Hello Keith, I will be entering a Chevron in the "B" class this year....and as I see we need to register car numbers.........I could with #1, #5, or #38, depending on who has taken what.

Please let me know!

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks Chris:

Got you down for #1, but #38 is also still available if you would prefer. #5 is taken already.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:44 pm

The roster for Targa 2 has been filled and by chance is equally divided between Class A and Class B. The list of entrants is below along with their chosen numbers. If your entry is missing details, please pm me to fill it in.

In my experience, there have always been some for whom life gets in the way of play, and they have to drop out. Because of this, I am still accepting entries to the reserve list. If you apply, go ahead and prepare your car, as you will probably be racing come October.

Thank you for your support of the GVSCC Targa 2 proxy.

Cheers,

Keith

Entrant Forum Name Car #

Mike Gatey
Bob Chapman chappy 23
Bill Beggs Black3sr 74
Keith Hines Retro Racer 44 11
Mike Dove mkdove
Dave Capelen Slotcarman
Barbs Hills Slotcarman
Mike Buss Manxbus
Dennis Samson gascarnut
Mike Karr Z-carfan
Max Rossmassler mrossmassler 13
Adrian Pawlowski 602
Dariusz Pawlowski radarek 27
Robert Maskiew ROBERT 116
Daniel Heald dansula 36
Luf Linkert oldslotracer
Jon Grainger Ferraif40
Al Schwartz Ecurie Martini

Class B

Dale Carstensen Aloha 3
Bob Goulet Rleog 48
Christian Mayer fastwagon 5
Leo Capaldi Scuderia Turini 4
Tony Bovard Bov 6
Steve Williams Steeveew
Ron Todhunter Beast Lee 13
Chris Walker Chrisguyw 1
Perry Roussy 33
Allan Jarvis Audi1 12
Robert Bance Pollaxed 36
Keith Wells Peter Gunn 111
Tony Palmer Brumos RSR 33
Rob Malesan cgyracer 11
Andy White demontweeks 41
Russell Sheldon Russell Sheldon
Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:37 am

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:06 pm

We are less than four months away from the start of Targa 2. In the last few months, Luf has rebuilt the Targa track, one of our club tracks, Dougtona, has changed hands, another, the Cobalt Causeway, has been moved to the interior of BC, but there is another one, Surrey Airport, ready to go. One more track might be available for time trials if we feel we need one more. More good news, Perry's Rocket now has Trackmate timing, so more accurate results will be possible.

To all of you who have signed in for Targa 2, I hope you are busy preparing your cars. For some people, summer is a time to relax and enjoy the outdoors, for others it is a time to relax and enjoy the slot cave. Whichever you are, you have about three months building, testing and tuning time left before your car needs to be sent in. Enjoy your summer. Bov, enjoy your winter, eh mate?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:28 am

Thanks for the reminder, Keith!

Getting to be time to select a car..................................... ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:11 pm

Payment sent.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:14 pm

The first car has arrived for the Targa 2 proxy. A nice little Alfa Romeo 33/3 pulled up all snug in its little transporter, thereby winning the prize for first arrival. Did I not mention a prize for that? Oh well then, kudos, at least, to Christian Mayer for being the first arrival. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:05 am

Due to a couple of people pulling out I was able to get a car into this proxy. Again a Resin Porsche 550 was prepared with a Gift Card chassis, CB wheels and some Paul Gauge tires. A fantasy scheme was chosen again, slightly different than the Panamerican cars I prepared.

Back Story is this is a BARC car with major sponsorship from British American Petroleum.

Here are some pictures of the car taken on my home track.

I'll be shipping this to you early next week Keith.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!