[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW Can-Am proxy!

HRW Can-Am proxy!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: HRW Can-Am proxy!

Postby chappy » Fri May 13, 2016 11:23 am

OK lets see if I get this right this time.
Lake on the Mountain received the cars today yay all here and safe.
Bad news I had to pay $94.41 in taxes and handling fees.
I have been on the phone to the Border Services who bounced me around and now have directed me to Canada Revenue to see about a refund. You know the way Govts Work.
I will attempt to get the cars run off in the next week, before I leave for a month, and ship to the next track. Todd can you advise who that is and address info please.Hoping another Canadian track.
I believe the form was filled out correctly with the info showing toy cars for competition to be returned to owners once completed. The other box was ticked as merchandise . The other options were gift, documents, returned goods, commercial sample or other. I will endeavor to find out if there is a box that should be checked to avoid taxes.
Anyway they are here and safe. I didnt think refusing them was a good idea.
If anyone has info on this shipping issue please let me know.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:00 pm

It is always best to tick the "Other" box, as this causes them to look more closely to the declaration. With Merchandise ticked, they probably didn't even read it, just the value amount. I had this happen to me once before when an entrant in a proxy sent his car. He used the online form that somehow came out as die cast model car. I claimed and got back the duty and tax, but they still charged the handling fees, so the end result was next to nothing.
Don't you just love our "free" trade.

The cars come to me next.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri May 13, 2016 4:21 pm

OK guys here is the preliminary report on the cars.
I have only noted the cars with issues.
I will list the issue and you can let me know if you want it corrected. If not I will leave exactly as is.

Doc , your Chaparral has rear wing offand one strut broken loose from the wing not a running issue
The front wheels do lock up when the body floats over causing rub

Matt unfortunately your rear body panel is cracked free on the left side, it is causinga lot of body float which is resulting In. Extreme tire rub . Being a 3d print I can glue it to resolve the issue , but unsure of the best adhesive for it. Nice looking car though

Brumos you have a little rear tire rub on float, it may cause problems when cornering , may not . If need it does when testing on track would you like some float reduced at the rear body screw.

Bookie your front wheels dont even rotate freely , seems to be a huge amount of rub.
if it is supposed to be this way let me know, I havent had it on the set up block so it may not be an issue.

Keith. Your class p chappy has the entire fro not t guide and axle mount loose and floatin around .
it moves the guide and the tires rub , I can tighten the assembly up if you wish, I think it will definitely be a deslotting issue.

Mike your chappy has a bit of front tire rub , it might be ok when running but if not do you want the front body mount snugged a bit more.

All others are fine .
I will track test and qually them tomorrow during the rainstorm we are going to, get.
A good day to be Inside with slot cars.

Bob

Looks like a fair amount of damage. Maybe the cars need to be repackaged before sending them on to Keith(?)

Allan
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chappy » Fri May 13, 2016 4:29 pm

Keith I think you are right if we check the " other" box , and add to the wording the following info
Toy cars for exhibition display from NAFTA country , to be returned , tax exempt Sec 7, Sec 1 part 98.19 Customs Tariff schedule.
Thats after hours on the phone . And yes the handling chg by the post office is still $9.95 non refundable lol.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri May 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Bob -
Are the majority of issues related to screws / etc that have worked loose on the way (with the exception of the damage to Matt's car) - or did things get shaken / jarred so heavily in transit that there is body damage etc? :(
(the breakage on Doc's wing happened here - which is why it was bagged up and taped to the inside of the box)

If it is the later, I can see what is involved with initiating a claim for the damage.

Let me know.
Thank you.
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Fri May 13, 2016 9:43 pm

The majority is loosened screws, but Matts car has a fracture on the left rearpanel. It allows the chassis to move a d the wheels to bind up.
His car was packed really well, in his case, another box , and with bubble in the big box .
the exterior of the box dosent look too bad, but I will re package and rebox before sending to Keith .
The cars were all packed well and no loose in the big box at all, no issue there. It wasnt opened at Customs either.
I can fix Matts car no problem but not sure of the adhesive to use on the body material. CA may do it but Matt would know better. Keiths front end is adjustable and can be retightened , so it could be a combo of vibration and bumpi g that loosened it. The others are simp, e adjustments except for the Ford GT with the binding front wheels, and I can certainly look at them tomorrow and adjust if allowable.
Worst case is Matts and it is fixable.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri May 13, 2016 10:11 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 pm

I always go on the theory that if the host is willing to make repairs and small adjustments, he should be allowed to. This is for fun anyway, and it is no fun for the host or the entrant if a damaged car is bringing up the rear or DNS.

Go for it Bob on my plastic Chappy. The rear screw has an oblong spacer in there to keep the chassis in the right place. The body is old and the posts may be cracked. Feel free to put a drop of glue in the post as you tighten it. It may not run as well, but it shouldn't come apart. I will have another look at it when it comes here next.

Thanks,
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat May 14, 2016 6:30 am

Ok will do , if needed when tested. But Keith your front is a definite needed.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby bookie » Sat May 14, 2016 6:57 am

bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat May 14, 2016 8:18 am

Bob - Don't worry about the wing on my Nissan - just leave it in the box. Thanks.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby chappy » Sat May 14, 2016 8:27 am

Bookie it is the GT40 , if they ride above the track they will only grab on the corners, but I get the impression they should rotate as I see no flat spots. Beautiful car by the way.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chappy » Sat May 14, 2016 8:28 am

Sorry David yes the Nissan, I will leave it as is.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chappy » Sun May 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Just waiting to hear from Matt about his $ car , then we are ready for qually and racing.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chappy » Mon May 16, 2016 8:44 pm

Well no word from Matt yet, and time is of the essence here, so I will go ahead with qually and run offs tomorrow.
I will try and secure the back panel of Matts car with a non permanent method to see if it holds together.
Watch this space for updates.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!