[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Somebody Call a Doctor.............

Somebody Call a Doctor.............

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Somebody Call a Doctor.............

Postby bobbyraz49 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:16 pm

As requested......Doctor.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks, but too late. I think this idea may be untreatable........ other than with a " cars that ran in the first Indy 500" fun run. Time will tell.,..,

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:10 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:45 pm

Here ya go... http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/catal ... 1&q=ppvr01
They make the tire, too.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Audi1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:15 am

I tried those wheels and tires on the Wasp and they were too tall. I had to step down to 16.75mm wheels. They are very cool, though and the totes that go with them look very good on the wheel.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:56 am

Waaytoomuchintothis - thank you for the link, I'll have to check into those. :)

Allan - you mentioned going to a 16.75" wheel - any idea what the overall diameter those ended up being with the tires?
Just trying to get an idea of how they compare height wise to the 10 spoke wheels I have inbound.
Thanks!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:13 am

Hi Todd,

I think they were about 22mm overall height with the tires. But, I did a lot of profiling to get them to that. They started as 26mm tires on wheels.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:31 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:25 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:49 pm

Todd, you can telescope several sizes of tubing along the full length of the axle, right to the hubs of the wheels. For the best result, I would solder each layer as best you can, then chuck the assembly and turn down the brass tubing until you can set the wheels on the steel axle. I hope those aren't soldered wheels, but even if they are, you can still do it this way by putting the crown gear and bushings on before final assembly.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:02 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Impressive, Todd! :handgestures-thumbup: I think you're blazing a trail that others can follow to build early-year Indy cars.

Looking forward to the next installment. Who makes the Mercer kit?

Also looking forward to what ShotgunDave finds today in his first Round of the 100 Years of Indy proxy race............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:33 pm

Just looked through this thread again, and the sickness is indeed spreading. The wheel/tire area seems to be well under study, and people are thinking motors. I think we have to except the fact that this fun run will not be a proxy race in the usual sense or even in the sense of other fun runs like the PanAm. These cars will not tear around the track like any slot car you even saw before, although Allan's Wasp may prove me wrong.

So my thought is this. Since all these cars were front engined, I think we should make a rule that the motor has to be in the front with a drive shaft to turn the rear wheels. I know that a lot of people don't like front motored cars and some of the Fly, Monogram etc ones are very hard to tune well, but we are talking 1911 here and I believe we could all get the front motor idea to work well enough.

I know I will be going that route. What do others think?

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:38 pm

I don't understand the need for such rules. Why not just build the cars a see how they turn out? My chain drive idea only works with rear or mid-mounted motor, by the way.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:14 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!