[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:25 pm

I have done a lot with Tamiya Racing White over the years, and I have learned several things that are unique to that particular paint color. It is unlike any of the others as far as I can tell. It actually changes (a lot, not a little) as it gasses out. It richens the color, so you have to time the application of clearcoat to freeze the process at a given point, which sounds nuts, because it assumes using clearcoat a day before gassing is complete. Yes, I know how crazy this sounds, don't bother telling me. Also, it darkens with Future if you wait for fully gassed out paint, the only thing I know of that happens with (other than Future that has gotten old and yellowed). I can post a couple of examples of cars I did to figure this out years ago. Its amazing how distinct the variation of color richness is. I'd advise a test shot or two to get a handle on this. I had to completely repaint a Porsche 962 Braun because I waited too long and got a less white version of the car after clearcoat. Good luck.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:45 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:36 pm

I wouldn't worry about it Dave. It's really not that bad. What you see there is all there is. Rest of it is perfect man. No big deal nothing a little white putty won't fix. The big deal is the curve ball I just got thrown on this paint.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 pm

I'll see what happens when I get to the point of spraying. Probably do one little test just to see how much it does change over the coarse of a day.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:49 pm

It may be a week or so before I get started on it. Have another issue I need to get fixed first.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:52 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:36 am

That cream color is not going to work at all. Thanks for the pics.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 pm

If anyone is curious the scale wheelbase on these puppies are 2.793".
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fumey » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am

Never worked with resin before. Usually I use Devcon Plastic Weld , a two part epoxie , to attach body posts to plastic . Think it'll work on resin ?
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:15 pm

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:48 pm

While you two are participating in the Brotherhood of Doing Good Works and Generally Being Great Guys Festival, I feel it is my duty to mention that I am dedicated to mercilessly wiping the track with both of you. So there. :teasing-neener:
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

I see two issues with this kit. 1. Is a sloppy guide. Not good. 2. Is a floppy up and down axle. Again Not good. What is the plan or what are we aloud to do here? Both equals a $90 dollar piece of crap. Which would be a shame after all the time spent on this. I for one don't like to build that way.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Just basic tuning stuff. Easily handled.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:34 am

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:22 am

The PM guide comes with spacers which you can adjust the height a little bit.
The post is also too long (by design), and you'll want to cut out whatever sticks op from the guide hole. Once you've done that, you can take out a lot of the slop with the screw. Just tighten just enough to take out most of the slop, but still allows the guide to swivel freely.
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!