[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Slot Car Corner '73 IROC Proxy - Builds & Usual Chatter

Postby studioRS » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:19 pm

You got the single roll bar, nice touch!

"As swift and as pleasant as a sea breeze, the Gulf Blue RSR ripped by the pits flat out!"
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:22 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:24 pm

I can't help it. I'm into this. There are so many reasons why I want to think about this rather than anything else, I can list them all at once!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:39 pm

WOW! I was happy to get glue drying/reinforcement going on my broken vent window along with some more spot putty action so far tonight... Dave - you hit it out of the freaking park!
I know it has been kicked around - and I for one am still hoping that we can extend the deadline on the due date of the cars as I can really use the time... :)

(making progress - but not nearly as quick as others...)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby studioRS » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:16 pm

studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Dave simply stunning, love it. At that speed of finishing from 0 to finished in like a few hours, i vote you crank out Speedsters. Don't forget the twin exhaust pipes.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:35 am

Details have begun... lights painted, black trim painted, second exhaust cutout added, grills painted, and decals started..

Decals are not terrible.. the printing is nice, they don't tear easily.. I did use very hot water for the long side ones.. and
I had to tack down a couple of the ends with that 'dries clear' glue that was suggested.. so far so good..

Need to get back to 'real work' but I should be able to finish up the decals today.. then it's time to trim the glass.

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fumey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:53 am

12 ? Did you find a replacement for speedster ?
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:30 am

That's a drag.. My body is warped too, but I'm just going to mount it in such a way that it looks like its
pulling the wheel up under heavy acceleration :lol:

(kidding of course.. all 4 wheels will touch the ground.. but the front fender gaps will be slightly different)
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 am

I put my warp to the rear to keep from interfering with the guide, but yeah, I bet your warp is just like mine, Kevin.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Fumey » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:58 am

Sounds like we're all warped
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby studioRS » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:05 am

Kev that looks totally awesome! Yes the field is shaping up, literally. Fursur we are certainly a bunch of warped RSR enthusiasts. :handgestures-thumbup:
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:38 am

I tried the hair dryer technique, but I didn't know about setting it by putting it in cold water. I bet that's why the warp didn't go away, or rather came right back.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:45 pm

That's an example of the best of these kinds of group participation things. It very much like sitting around a table full of slot car guys all building and talking. Back in the middle 60s, I learned a huge amount from doing that and reading slot car magazines. It all comes back these days when this kind of discussion is going on here at HRW,

We're 1100 or so friends making slot cars together around a really big table at the local hobby shop. Time for slotburgers!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby studioRS » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:24 pm

You got it Rob!

I was able to shave, shape, size and glue the RSR tires to the rims and mounted the body. Also broke in the motor, lubed all the bushings and added some race grease to the gears. Man is it smooth. Gluing on the RSR exhaust pipes I accidentally flicked some CA glue and guess where it landed? First glance was all over my Carrera test strip, second glance - yup on the front of the RSR ! ugh. :doh:

Need to sand it smooth and shoot another clear coat, grrrr.

Best part, I'll set up the RS Bergrennen tomorrow for some test laps! I'm going to have to lay it out on the carpet at first, but will work on the proper table height soon.
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!