[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Abecedarian Proxy (Beginner's Carrera Proxy)

The Abecedarian Proxy (Beginner's Carrera Proxy)

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

The Abecedarian Proxy (Beginner's Carrera Proxy)

Postby Burrell » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 am

Last edited by Burrell on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:42 am, edited 29 times in total.
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Beginner's Carrera Proxy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:11 am

HRW will sponsor this if allowed.

Winner will receive 1 brand new Carrera GT car.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Burrell » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am

Awesome! Thanks so much Harry!
Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:05 am

Since this is a proxy designed to get beginners off the ground, don't be shy about asking any questions about preparation. Between the archives here on HRW and other's experiences I am sure we can find an answer for you. Thank you, Harry
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Sounds like fun. What type of cars are you anticipating? In SCCA nomenclature GT1, GT2 and GT3 cars can be almost anything including former NASCAR stock cars so the field looks wide open. Are you including pre COT NASCAR in the field?
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:32 pm

I think you should have plenty of takers. I might have to find a Carrera modern GT to see what I can do with it. I tend not to run Carrera, the modern cars are a bit big on my track.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:01 pm

No NASCAR I would imagine sir. When I think Carrera GT car I sure don't think classic NASCAR. To me that is a series unto itself.

But hey, not my proxy :) Just sponsoring it.

And speaking of that, here is what the winner wins.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Czar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:05 pm

I didn't know that older NASCARs raced in the GT classes. Our intention was more along the lines of the Aston (pictured above), and other sleek, svelte sports cars. Honestly I don't know all the classes that well, so if you (plural) think there should be more restrictions to the GT classes we allow, let me know. I would like to get this part of it nailed down. If you really want to race a NASCAR, please send me a link to a photo that shows one racing with sports cars. We chose Carrera because everyone seems to agree they give a lot of bang for he buck, and they are not that expensive to start with, and they have one of the broadest selections of any maker. Even the new Carrera tires are quite good, so you may not want to buy other tires. Just trying to keep it inexpensive and simple as a way of making it more inviting to new proxy racers. BTW< we also need more tracks to race on. If you are interested in hosting a round, let me or Burrell know. What kind of track surface, how long, timing, and pictures. One final note, cars will be run at 10 volts.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burrell » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Wow, Harry that is a great looking car :banana-dance: !! That is really nice of HRW to sponsor the race.

I was merely inquiring with regard to NASCAR. Not really a car that needs to be there. I am much more familiar with the GT classes run by SCCA and not to familiar with the other GT classes from other racing divisions. Are the Capri and/or the Dekon Monza put out by Carrera considered to be GT cars? What type of car in general fits in the GT classes?

Not trying to be difficult, this sounds like a lot of fun and I want to come and race. Just trying to figure out what car to run. :music-rockout:

My first proxy was the Zippertop and I ran a pretty muck stock Carrera in that (minus the top). Its the red Plymouth in the picture. Had a blast and want to try it again.

Ventura Alfa :auto-driving:
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:40 pm

This looks like it could be pretty entertaining!
Look forward to seeing how this shapes up - and may have to look at picking up a 1/32 Carrera GT class car to submit! :)
(currently closest I have in Carrera is the wrong scale being a 1/24 Cheetah)

:)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Actually, for anybody who is interested in "NASCARs racing with sports cars", the 1972 Olympia Dodge Charger raced at Le Mans in 1976.

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/200 ... ure11.html

One of these shots has it coming up the bend around Turn 1, with a couple of 911s in tow. The car is currently sitting in the Le Mans museum. It's odd in those surroundings, but that's what makes it so cool. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:47 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby baford1 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:59 pm

this proxy sounds good do you have an address where we can post the cars to I think you will get a lot of entrants to this

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Next

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!