[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Official V.N.F.R. build thread. Competitors arriving!

Official V.N.F.R. build thread. Competitors arriving!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Official V.N.F.R. build thread

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks Dave! Your going to have fun running this car, its got enough tire under it to be a pro stock car! :lol:
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:40 am

That looks awesome!
My additional parts are supposed to be here today - which if they are, I "hope" to have a function chassis to take to the track to try out tomorrow. :)
Love the updates guys!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Are you getting any hop out of the corners with that much tire and such a narrow track width?
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:53 pm

WOW! You guys weren't kidding about the rears looking like they belonged on a pro-stock ride - those are some serious boots! :D

Mine is going to be a tail happy, drifting machine by comparison from the looks of it! ;)

For mine, I went with 15x8 wheels and 21-10's for tires all the way around - I am still undecided on the choice of rubber (have both PGT and XPG rubber to try) - but it will definitely be interesting to see how it compares when it comes to pouring the coals to it out of the corners. :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Ask me how i knew that!! Im thinking about some much narrower wheels and tires since i cant cut out the wheel wells!
Its almost acting like a single tire trying to go around a corner. :lol:
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:13 pm

I originally had 15x8 rear with 21125's ,then I ordered 15x10 and my center ribs of my tires were wrong ,so I had a set of 17's that I used.
Time for another much narrower change all the way around. I am/was running XPG's but they grip great,to great I think?
it will drift nice,but that MT-5 Really kicks it out the corners! I need a little more spin, I can actually lift the guide if I hit it in the right spot coming out of the corner! added weight to fix that,and now it has wheel hop like a leaf spring car with no traction bars!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:05 pm

Gee I thought this was supposed to be stock cars, not steamrollers......my poor little Galaxie is likely to get squashed! :scared-eek:

Bob, that Fury is sweet looking!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:23 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Nice looking Plymouth Bob. :handgestures-thumbup:

Tire combo's. I like it.
Stuck like glue and no weight added. What I'm talikn bout. :D
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:37 pm

Some more progress - Fairlane body stripped and ready for paint!

Now back to the chassis! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:32 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:40 am

WOW! That is lookin' great!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:51 am

Making a little progress today. The tough part is done.

SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:22 pm

Last edited by Ky.Slot Racer on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby SRQSloter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Dave it's called a single plumber. The plumber needs to be as far forward as you can get. I put the guide holder as far forward as I could get had plenty of room so figure was good time to do it. There will be an up stop on each side at the rear of the pans. Then I'll put a piece of wire across the rails to each pan. Just to stabilize it.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!