[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Official V.N.F.R. build thread. Competitors arriving!

Official V.N.F.R. build thread. Competitors arriving!

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: Official V.N.F.R. build thread

Postby Gameover » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:01 pm

im having fun and i havent even started to build mine yet lol.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Been "fine tuning" my Galaxie....I only get to test it once a week when I go racing on Wednesday nights. Had to put in a different pinion ("spun" the last one) and a deeper guide. Running it on the 88' Carrera 4 lane it was keeping up with the traffic. I have no experience with urethanes so I'm picking different brains and learning as I go. All in all pretty pleased with the beast though I have my doubts as to its capability against those exotic brass creations. :?
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

OH MY Mark...what a ride!!!

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Well a package arrived today. It contained few treasures from shotgun! Thank you my friend. I am truly blessed to call you a friend!!! Any way enough of the sappy crap. I began my build today. I took the glass and bumpers off the fury so it's ready to strip the paint. I then gave my first brass chassis a crack. Below you will see what I've come up with. No idea if it will run good. Kinda looks like a hack job in my book. The car looks angry in this stance. I'll be lifting the front just a bit but the rear should stay about the same. Now I need to figure out a guide mount and wire it and see what happens. Image

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:47 pm

That looks down right mean with the black steelies on there! :handgestures-thumbup:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Ya kids where at grandmas and grandpas for dinner and wife is at some business thing so i spent two hours giving brass a shot.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:07 am

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:43 am

We may both have the king now but some no name guy bought one of the kings cars and will be stripping it and painting it looking for his own sponsors :).
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:21 am

A little slo-motion of Lee Petty drifting in practice... ;)

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:23 pm

I just knew that was gonna happen!

First off we had someone selling bodies on HRW and then LEB Hobbies put the #42 Lee Petty car on sale.

I sure am glad I decided early on NOT to use that body!

However mine will be sporting a Petty body of some sort.

I've got to get on the stick here.

What's the date to ship them to ShotgunDave?
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Gameover » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Dont worry mines not staying as a petty car. I sanded it and am painting it.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:28 am

Mine is, and will remain so.

I took it to the track tonight and gave it a test. With its narrow track width I expected "Roll Over Beethoven" but I was pleasantly surprised that when entering or exiting the turns too hard, the back end broke away just a little and it did not roll. I am sufficiently pleased that I am going to break down and order the M/T-5 motor and a set of CBD steel wheels for it. Woohoo! While awaiting the parts I will also move the front wheels 1/16 forward which I think will look better.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 pm

mine is in my basement he he he
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Acually i have started paint on mine. I will post pics when its complete. Might be a bit.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Ya dave lets go havent seen pics of yours :) aince like the first post lol.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!