[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Abecedarian Proxy- From Sea to shining Sea

The Abecedarian Proxy- From Sea to shining Sea

PROXY Racing! A place to post race events, rules, reports & general information.

Re: The Abecedarian Proxy- From Sea to shining Sea

Postby Ember » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Rico, I have produced a couple of very bad ones lately. But I think part of it is because I'm a really bad driver. :D If I produce a car that I find easy to drive a good driver is likely to be able to handle it with their eyes closed.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Burrell » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:17 pm

Burrell
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks guys and gals

The cars are headed to New Hampshire tomorrow so back across the country for another round.

Dave, thanks for the comment on the Revell track. I would like to make this layout permanent but it sits in front of a window that needs to be open and closed from time to time and the track is too wide to reach across. If you ever need track let me know, I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 feet of Revell track left over after this build.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:41 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby VenturaAlfa » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Ok, cars were shipped today. They are going 3064 miles to New Hampshire. By my calculation several of these cars will have travelled close to or over 10,000 1:1 miles in this proxy. That does not count the scale miles on each track.

That is just amazing to me. I want to be in the box with them. :D

Thanks to everybody here. These have been some great cars and some really good feedback from everybody who has run the cars. :music-rockout:

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Hopefully it has been the learning experience it was meant to be. Can't wait for the next run with you guys.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby baford1 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:46 am

This is the first time I have been able to properly look how this round has gone once again a big congratulations to the 3 podium winners & all fellow racers
& also Ventura for hosting this round really nice looking track & good photos of all the entrants , yes I know my rear tyres are probably totally well & truely
worn out by now but anyway I like being consistant with my placings protecting the rear of the field its a big lesson that I have learnt for future proxy racing
the points are really close at the top with only 5 points seperating the top 4 it will be interesting to watch the final round to see who comes out on top , it
may end up a photo finish looking forward to it .

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:27 am

I see my worst finishes were on plastic tracks 4th and 5th! Hopefully I have a good finish at SCC and can bring home another win. If Tusco Todd finished 2nd we would have a tie for 1st place. UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! May the force be with you!!!!!!!!

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:23 pm

Yes, thanks to Ventura. This has been another great round. The goal of this was to give you a chance to get involved in a proxy race, on a low stress level. So, I hope you have been having a good time and I hope everyone is looking forward to their next proxy race. It will be quite interesting to see what the cars do on super speedway. It is bittersweet to see the final race on the horizon. Good luck to all, and take it away, ManchVegas!
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:21 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby SlotCarCorner » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Hello Dickie,

They were shipped to Bob - that way we can hold them for ransom...

:text-welcomewave:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby VenturaAlfa » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi guys,
The cars were actually shipped to Manchvegasracer. I received his information after I talked to you guys at SCC. Sounds like a fun bunch. Wish I was back there to race with you.
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VenturaAlfa » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Just checked to see where the cars are. According to the USPS tracking they left Bell Gardens, CA (A suburb of LA) headed east on the 19th. That is the latest info. Hopefully, they will get all the way to New Hampshire soon.

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:17 pm

It appears the cars have made it to Manchvegas's place.
We hope to run them next weekend, most likely Sunday, Nov 2
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby manchvegasracer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Yup, the cars are indeed at my house. Next Sunday should be great! Dickie, late afternoon into the evening to qualify and run them?
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to The HRW Proxy Forum!