[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Michigan 4th annual 24 hour race

Michigan 4th annual 24 hour race

Forum for all Coverleaf Racing events.

Re: Michigan 4th annual 24 hour race

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:27 am

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Smokeio » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:31 am

Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Secret Squirrel » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:32 pm

I would like to start by thanking Mike S and all those involved for organizing and putting on this event. It was a pleasure being apart of this event. Second, I would like to congratulate SCC on their win and record, your team is truly amazing to watch. I would like to extend a special thanks to Dickie of SCC who I ran next to for 5 of the 6 heats when I was in white. You have no idea how much your encouraging words and comments meant to me, it was the icing on the cake for my first 24 hr race. I also want to thank the Cincinnati Slot Rods for having me on board. It was great running and hanging with you guys. You guys put a lot of faith in me by having me do the final tweaking of the car but I think it paid off. To bad our motor was flat from the start, but there is always next year, and we have a plan. It was also any honor to do the mechanics interview for you guys but I think that had more to do with the others being more camera shy them me.

This was my first 24hr experience and I still cannot get it out of my head. I am still on the 24hr high and cannot wait till the next race. This race really taught me a lot about where I am with my driving, inconsistent. I have moments moments where I am in a groove but then my inexperience shows and I either deslot or do bad in a technical section. Spending 48 constant minutes on a track can really show you a lot, if you pay attention and listen to what your stint is telling you. I have taken a lot away from this event, ideas, encouragement, fond memories but most of all, new friendships.

Thanks to all who participated and if I did not talk to you while I was around, I was probably still overwhelmed. I probably want to say more, but I get side tracked and forget things.

Steve Howey
Clover leaf Tues night crowd
Fill in for Cincinnati Slot Rods 24 hr
Secret Squirrel

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:21 pm

uhhh... I believe promises were made regarding PHOTOS!

All this text is making me nuts! Take pity and post them pics!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SpeedyNH » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:31 pm

be careful what you ask for! recall the yellow backside underwear... :lol:
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Almafan 55 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Another GREAT Michigan 24 is in the books. This is the best slotcar race ever! Thanks Mike for everything you do & put up with to put this event on. 1st class all the way. :dance: you ask for input to make this race better,besides finding a way to get me more sleep! :laughing-rolling: your doing a fantastic job on your own! With the new things you added this year,I can't see anything you really could improve on. Great job!!!
Thanks to Paul for the posters, that thing is AWESOME !!
Thanks to Dave's daughter for the breakfast & set up, this new addition was great!!
Congrats to SCC on the New record & your 4th win. This team is so fine tuned,just like the car they drive!
Smokieo you have raised the bar AGAIN! As I said before, you are the BEST and the Legend! SCC is a hard team to match.
But we will always try.
Team Cloverleaf, that car, that team did a awsome job this year! If it wasn't for a part malfunction we would have been in a Dog fight. Keep this team together.
Team Hazard,I've heard so much about you guys and you lived up to everything that is said.I know next year you will have a Chevy pick-up with a gun rack looking to take the top spot! :laughing-rolling: JR. For a 1 yr racer,you can drive the wheels off a race car.when your team stops working on the car during your heat. :angry-tappingfoot:
Team Cinni,you guys have come so far in 1yr,it's fun to watch.keep working hard,learning,racing and having FUN.
Team CanAm, your team speaks in so many languages,I don't know how you guys communicate? This team won the hard knocks award.but know you will fight back next year! Great car James. :music-rockout:
Team Dum Dum's,we are proven warrior's!!! We took a big step forward this year. Thank you! We kept to our game plan and finished strong! I know John was going crazy not being there this year. ( I received about 100 text over the 30 hrs) he will be back next year. Dave that car was AWESOME! You are 1 of the best car builders in the country! It was bullet proof. It's a big risk to enter an AW in this race. All the unknowns.after a quick look,that car was as good as the start of the race. :auto-driving:
The friendship,laughers and just pure fun this race brings,that's why we do this! Also makes this the best race in the world!!! Am I ready to do this again next week NO. But the week after that HELL YA! :music-rockout:

Thanks Rob
P.S. Steve set the date for the Area 51 race!!! See you all then.
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cgingras » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:05 pm

cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby cgingras » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Playing back the weekend in my head tonight, I just want to add this:

I'm extremely proud to be part of Team Slot Car Corner, it's an incredible privilege to be able to share the track with Steve, Dickie, Mike and Georges, true friends in every sense of the word. Records are made to be broken and our victorious sequence will surely end, sometime in the future. But when that happens, we'll know that the winning team will have worked very hard, harder than us. And we'll salute their effort with immense respect. Thank you for letting us be part of this great race!
cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby RacerX132 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 pm

I'd like to thank Mike Stott for hosting this race, especially since it's in his home! I can only imagine the enormous effort it takes to put on such an event and I'm proud to have been a part of it. I don't know who all did what behind the scenes so I'll just say thanks to all involved in making it happen!

Congrats to team SCC, not only did you win and set the record, you were very impressive and humble while doing it. (Although I thought I heard smokieo humming "we are the champions" while walking around in the pits....) I do want to thank smokieo for the assistance with our car. We truly were lost with the car set up and the silicone tires so any and all advice was appreciated. I also must mention how much fun I had racing beside Christian. Man, he's gotten fast and has ice water running through his veins! I couldn't outrun him so I tried to push him to a mistake and usually wrecked trying. Y'all should give him a nickname like "Ice Man" or the like (and they measure their snow in feet or meters so it makes since). Their entire team was impressive and will be hard to beat in the future.

It was a fantastic event where I saw old friends, met new ones and had a great time! I feel sorry for any slot racer who has never experienced one of these events in person.

I have a feeling that team hazard will be back next year....

Jason S
RacerX132

Postby cgingras » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:00 pm

cgingras
SCC Mechanic

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks for the photos, Christian. As for recovery, try an enduro when you're 60!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:23 pm

SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Audi1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:41 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:17 am

My wife accuses me of being "a crab" whenever I get home from one of these events. I don't understand why because all I'm doing is walking around humming "We are the champions....".
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:10 am

Everything if coming up roses right Mike.
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Cloverleaf Racing Forum