[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Question for the Artin Chassis guys

Question for the Artin Chassis guys

Chicago's Finest Slot Racers Gather Here

Question for the Artin Chassis guys

Postby T_Flip » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:53 pm

The rear axle and bushings keep popping out of the u shaped retainers. They are only help in by friction and so I thought hot gluing them would work and it does for like 5 mins. Have you guys experienced this and if so how do you fight it. Once it happens it gets worse and worse to the point just putting the car on the track makes the axle pop out.
T_Flip

Re: Question for the Artin Chassis guys

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:08 pm

There is probably residual oil all over the area, and that makes the hot glue useless. Just degrease everything, the chassis, the bushings, etc. Then reassemble and use the hot glue solution again. It should work fine.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby frank9129 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:56 pm

If you use crazy glue be careful. You don't want to glue the axle to the bushing.
What I do is to glue the bushing and then use a 9 volt battery to spin the axle until the glue dries.
Works for me...
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:02 pm

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:16 pm

I would clean it first as suggested. And if you don't want to use crazy glue, prop the chassis up (put a tire under it) and use a toothpick with some Testors model glue.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby T_Flip » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:44 am

Thanks again guys. I just wanted to make sure the gluing was a viable alternative. I seem to be using that stuff a lot... :think:
T_Flip

Postby T_Flip » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:47 am

@ Junior: I would but I joined Bensenville Bombers and they seem to have the answers I am looking for so I head right for the source. If my post was not appropriate for this forum I apologize; I was just sticking with the guys I know.
T_Flip

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:11 am

never cared for gluing bushings, here is my fix. Just drill 4 - 1/16" or smaller holes at the red dots. Get a old motor arm, cut a small piece of wire off, make it the shape of a U. Then feed it from the top through the holes, twist tie it on the bottom.

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Junior » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:04 am

T_Flip, I wasn't trying to admonishing you, but since you have joined the BensenvilleBombers website, we have moved into HRW's website. HRW has a huge membership and you may get more views and advice on your post if you had posted this in the 1/32 forum instead of our little section of the forum. There are a lot of members into making bombers and I am sure they would love to see what you have built, you should post some of your pics there.
Junior
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:45 am

Dang- Leave it to Mark to come up with something completely brilliant. Once again, Mark, you da man!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to Bensenville Bombers