[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Now there is a Spring Slot Car Clearance

Now there is a Spring Slot Car Clearance

Chicago's Finest Slot Racers Gather Here

Now there is a Spring Slot Car Clearance

Postby fatherbob » Tue May 27, 2014 4:50 pm

fatherbob

Re: Now there is a Spring Slot Car Clearance

Postby Junior » Tue May 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Thanks Bob, now I am going to have to eat cat food for another week, and not the name brand either. :)
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue May 27, 2014 8:03 pm

WOW! There is definitely some deals there! Thanks for posting! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby eightwheels » Tue May 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks Bob for the heads up, some good deals there :text-thankyouyellow: :text-goodpost:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed May 28, 2014 9:07 am

Don't get excited. They are the worst about selling things they don't have that I have ever seen. Twice I have done orders with them, and twice they don't have what they show on the sale website. I just got off the phone with them, and it turns out they didn't have what I ordered at all, much less the two on the order I did that went through without any mention of low or no stock at all. Last time I tried one of their sales, I ordered a bunch of cars and they had taken them all to some hobby show and sold them before the sale started.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby turbokev » Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 am

Darnit.. Wish I saw that review before I placed an order last night..

I'll give it a day or two to see if they contact me with shipping info...

I will say this.. when I looked at the list fo cars on my iPhone and decided
to go upstairs and order a couple, there was a Gurney Cougar available..
By the time I got upstairs and clicked through them again it was gone and
the website was updated to say it was no longer available..

so.. we'll see...
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby turbokev » Wed May 28, 2014 11:41 am

I just got a voice mail from them..

They wanted to let me know they were refunding the money for the Pioneer preorder I put in because they were not confident Pioneer was going to come through and didn't want to be holding my money for no reason.. They offered to put me on a waiting list just in case they actually get the cars..

They also confirmed that my other sale car was being shipped today..

So.. I certainly have no complaints.. they proactively got in touch with me within 24 hours of my order and did the stand up thing as far as I'm concerned..
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby fatherbob » Wed May 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Inventory counts can be off at times, especially during one of these super sales. The website only updates every hour with current store inventory (can't make it do more than that) and when we have these super sales and inventory levels are low on an item, someone can walk into the store and buy 6 cars and for an hour things can be messed up. It's not like it's an intentional misrepresentation of our inventory. Also, theft plays into things as well. It's easy to pocket some of the small stuff, but I can tell you many cars have left the store unannouced over the years.

Chicagoland Toys and Hobbies is the largest hobby shop in Chicago, and it get's very busy for everyone that works there. We strive to give GREAT customer service and keep inventory levels correct, but when stuff sells faster than you can count it, it is a problem we love to have.

If you have any issues or questions contact the owner Greg Bosak at 773-775-4848 or greg@chicagoland-hobby.com They've been doing this since 1972, so they are doing something right, but as always things can be improved and he'll listen and take care of any problem.

Sorry for any problems these super sales cause.

FB
fatherbob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 28, 2014 2:32 pm

I have no complaints.

Mistakes happen, no one is perfect. I bought a honey bun out of a US Army vending machine. I can't take it back and there is no one to help me.

At least you try to join in here when you can, to answer folks. Which is more than I can say for a host of others. That goes a country mile in my book.

Now if you will start your sales on my paydays it would be appreciated :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby rsoward » Wed May 28, 2014 4:22 pm

I placed my order last night and got the Scalextric rally car and the Slot.it Ford GT40 green.

My order shipped today with no hickup.

I have personal visited the store and they are very friendly!

Yes they have a bit higher prices but the sale was great! Wish I had more funds to purchase more...

I give Chicagoland two thumbs up for service and availability.

Ryan
rsoward

Postby urbanwarrior » Wed May 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Quite a few of the cars say out of stock, all the ones I wanted, so I'm going to pass for now. Great prices though.
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gunslinger1352 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:16 pm

I just wanted to chime in and say I have never had a problem with chicagoland hobby-they have always given great service and have always backed up their products.It seems to me that certain people on this entire sight always buy up any deal that comes out within seconds and others never get a shot at the great deals.I say to them congrats. Either you have a great conception with the cosmos-or you got nothing else going and sit on this sight 24-7-whichever the case you should not take it out on the seller cause YOU missed out on a few cars and someone else got them. Don't worry Bubbala there will be more deals down the road and you will get to buy them all Just remember -some days your the statue and some days your the pigeon.
gunslinger1352

Postby fatherbob » Fri May 30, 2014 12:01 pm

One of the benefits of a sale like this is that you get to go into the bowels of hobby inventory to see what you can find. And there are more scaley, Ninco and Slot It cars I found and put on the site for sale. I'll probably be putting cars up there for another week or so, so keep an eye out for stuff you guys might want.

FB
fatherbob

Postby Junior » Fri May 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Darn you Bob, now I may need to pick up the yellow Scaley VW Rally car...
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Well, nailed a Slot.it GT40 for 26 bucks :)

And I made a mistake when ordering, they called me 5 minutes after I ordered and corrected it and made sure I was satisfied.

I saw that bug Junior, almost did it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to Bensenville Bombers