[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tri or D Oval suggestions.

Tri or D Oval suggestions.

Chicago's Finest Slot Racers Gather Here

Re: Tri or D Oval suggestions.

Postby Junior » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:34 pm

That's the great thing about the hobby, everyone has their own preference on track layouts. Norb's Santa Fe Speedway oval has a squeeze on one of the turns and that is what makes it a blast to run on for our group. You have to learn to drive it and pick your place place to try and pass and sometimes it takes a few laps to get to that spot. It can even out the field if you have someone who is just a tad slower, which is usually me, and makes for some great racing. Of course you could just plow through but someone will give you a taste of your own medicine, turn around is fair play.

You can see the squeeze in this pic.

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby demether » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:38 pm

The Pocono style layout on first page is really nice. And it seems very reasonable in space.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gentleman Norb » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:51 am

Wow I really like that Pocono style track. I vote for a squeeze in the D section myself.
That track looks like it would be a blast to race on. :banana-dance:
What do you think Fred???
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby DAVE » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:37 pm

After racing Norb's track for several years, I say the squeeze is a must. I never liked racing ovals much, but
the squeeze makes it interesting enough to be fun. It keeps you on tour toes. Not sure where to put it on
a true "D" shaped oval. For a tri-oval, I agree that the back turn would be best.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:40 pm

Norb...we need to get together with the guys and TOOL-TIME TOM to see what we come up with .I probably have more room for the Tri and have that taped out on the floor right now to see how it would look . I took the same radius corners your oval has shortened them by about 1/4 on the main straight and pushed that out to a Tri . We will get together after Labor Day .

Fred
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby chappy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi Fred, I have raced on the great Tri oval in Manheim PA, a real blast , 4 lanes no squeezes and still plenty of action.
I also race on a 3 lane routed tri oval called Riverslide in Belleville. It has the inside lane coming to the center lane going into the first part of the D, and then the outside coming in on the center lane , coming out of the D.
The rest is normal spacing. Both are fun to, run on, but the squeeze makes you set up your passing game, and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 laps to get it right.
Yes there are some offs with the squeeze, but then we have offs where the tails slide out too.
It really boils down to preference, but I have enjoyed both.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby RazorJon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:44 pm

I like the D :music-rockout:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby DAVE » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Fred;
Once you get the exact footprint chiseled in stone, I can draw up some layouts in Auto. You can
choose one or I can change any of them based on your, and anyone else from our group, suggestions.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Sounds good Dave....we will all kick it around after Labor Day . I will have everyone over for some Digital Mayhem and get a final decision so we can get this thing built .

Thanks...Fred
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby oldtymer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:14 pm

oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby chappy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi Fred, let me see what I can dig up.
Both tracks are owned by my friends so I should be able to get something for you.
My problem is with posting the pics once I do, ge them lol..
Stand by
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby oldtymer » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:15 pm

oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby J Y D » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:07 am

I think Norb's track is a total blast with the squeeze at one end & the little bit of banking at the other.

I'm thinking the "D" oval with the best of Norb' track together.
The squeeze with that little bit of banking would make for one Kick-A$$ lay out.

Just my 2 cents worth ... J Y D
J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:12 am

Hi Fred , I got one set of pictures for the wood 3 lane track so far with the squeeze section.
I can email them to, you if you want to pm me your email.
My cell phone is so old that it creaks when I push the talk button, so you guessed it,,,, no camera.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby chappy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Pics sent Fred
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to Bensenville Bombers