Quick test of 2 Quick Slicks

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

Quick test of 2 Quick Slicks

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:31 pm

Thanks to winning the February photo contest I am the proud owner of 4 sets of Quick Slicks. I opted for 3 sets of the CB28S (soft compound) for 15X 7 wheels and one set of CA06XF (extra firm) for Carrera Vintage NASCAR. I took them to our Wednesday night race with 2 cars to test them on: Ninco XK120 (NC1) and a first generation Carrera Road Runner. Both cars have been running Indy Grips for several years. The track is an 88 foot Carrera 4 lane run at 12 volts.
While the CB28S tires were a little "chubbier" than the Indy Grips 2002s the difference wasn't excessive and they filled the wheelwell nicely. There was a slight amount of "crowning" but this can be eliminated by sanding down the wheel center rib slightly. The difference between the old tires and the new was startling, while my times didn't improve much the feel of the car was much less "on tip toe" and more planted and this was without sanding the rim at all. Outstanding tire for the Ninco Classics and similar cars.
The CA06XFs were a dead on replacement on the Road Runner and no adjustment would be required. The difference between the Indy Grips and the Quick Slicks averaged about 2/10s of a second quicker each lap and, again the car feels much more "stuck down" than before.
Bottom line, if you need to run silicones, give the Quick Slicks a shot, I think you'll be pleased.

Thanks to SCC for getting these here so fast (and sending more Dum Dums)!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Quick test of 2 Quick Slicks

Postby Gameover » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Great write up! Thanks Quick Slicks once again for sponsoring the photo contest!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Re: Quick test of 2 Quick Slicks

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:49 pm

Appreciate the time and feedback. Good report.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to The Tire Shop