[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Which PGT fit on the Carrera Pantera?

Which PGT fit on the Carrera Pantera?

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

Which PGT fit on the Carrera Pantera?

Postby goosenapper » Wed May 13, 2015 8:19 am

I'm looking to replace the old rear tires on a Carrera De Tomaso Pantera with standard Paul Gage PGT tires, but am having a dickens of a time finding the proper fit. The measurements on the wheel and stock tire don't coincide with PGT measurements. I either have to go big, or go small, and I don't know which way makes the most sense. Here are the wheel measurements:

So do I look at 6mm or 7mm ribbed tires?
Do I include the rib in the overall wheel height?
Are the tires considered 12mm or 13mm in width? I don't see any 13mm PGTs.
PGTs seem to come in 22mm height. Will that be enough to fill the fenders as well as the stock 22.5mm tires?

I'm bugging out! :scared-eek:

Help! :pray:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Which PGT fit on the Carrera Pantera?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 13, 2015 10:11 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed May 13, 2015 10:22 am

On second thought, it's such an old car and not worth it. Just sell it to me. :)

I know, that's pretty nice of me to offer. But trying to help folks like you is what I do :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MrAdept » Wed May 13, 2015 10:36 am

I have been looking for a Carrera Pantera for ever! Seems like they have all vanished.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed May 13, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks for the info, Harry. And I appreciate the offer of helping ease my mind by taking this car off of my hands. :)

This is an oddball car, for sure. It's not mentioned much around these parts, or anywhere else for that matter. Did Carrera not make many of these? I just happened to stumble across it and figured it would be something different to run on the track. Other than the story about Elvis shooting his for not starting, I don't know much about the car. Whatever the story is, this one will be raced!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby paul gage » Wed May 13, 2015 10:44 am

This is an easy one guys...19137LM, 20137LM, 21137LM... all three tires fit that wheel. Your choice what final diameter you want. The pictured set looks very sweet on the Porsche 935/78 with 19137LM, on my Pantera I used the 20137LM... I consider all the big BBS Grp 5 wheels from Carrera to be similar to the Fly Car Model wheels and they take the same group of tires.... must haves in the spares box!
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed May 13, 2015 10:47 am

Excellent! Thanks for the info Paul. I'll have your tires on my car in short order. (via Slot Car Corner)
:text-thankyouyellow:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Wed May 13, 2015 11:23 am

Harry and Paul - thank you for the fitment info. We have updated the Paul Gage Tire Selector to include an entry for the Carrera Pantera with the 3 tires identified.

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby goosenapper » Wed May 13, 2015 1:05 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Wed May 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Yup, just the 2 liveries.

Is there a race history for that body shape?

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Wed May 13, 2015 2:26 pm

wow!

back in 1994 I was offered a 1974 model for $25K - sadly I was only making 10K at the time...

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed May 13, 2015 2:50 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Wed May 13, 2015 3:18 pm

thanks - makes me more determined to get one!

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Tire Shop