[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My Tire Storage

My Tire Storage

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

My Tire Storage

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:31 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: My Tire Storage

Postby Junior » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:37 pm

Harry,
Your OCD is showing! :lol:
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby scatman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Great idea. Would save me from ordering tires I already have. Love to have the file you created. :D
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:46 pm

I have been thinking about this for ages. Right now, they are all in ziplock bags in a box in the slot car cabinet. There's a big bag of Supertires, and a big bag of PG, and several smaller bags of various types, mostly replacement factory stock tires. The trouble is, I always go digging in the PG tires bag first, and lay it all out on the table as I search. If I don't have it, I put it all back and go through the Supertires bag the same way. It does get old after a while, since there are so many different kinds of cars I am fond of. Honestly, when I get a freebie from a manufacturer when I do a big order, I almost always already have a car for them, especially the PG tires, since they stretch so beautifully.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:56 pm

LOL, yes it is Junior :)

Tony, I can share this with you easily enough. When you need it, just ask away. You can just use the login I created and go directly to it. I can send you that in email/pm.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Brilliant!, I'm going to do that myself, great tip!
Z
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:12 pm

I have a couple of Plano containers, I put labels on the bottom so I can see them without opening it up. The Plano outlet isn't too far away so I can get them relatively cheap.
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Nice...who'd have thought you have CDO?

I think I'm going to do this on a smaller scale. Nice work though!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Junior, the great thing about those Plano Outlet stores is that they frequently carry items that never made it to the mass market. Lots a great goodies there. When I lived in Texas, there was a Plano Outlet about 45 mins away, and they had things you never would have thought of, in small quantities, and things made under contract for the military and others that you never would have seen.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby RichD » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:25 am

I did the same thing several years ago, my cabinet has 24 drawers. Some of the drawers are for CBD wheels and are marked with the wheel size and the part numbers of the tires that fit them. The drawers that are used to store tires have the part number and the size of wheels that they fit. Since all of my cars have aftermarket wheels I don't have many tires that are made for plastic wheels. The few of those that I have are hanging on a pegboard. Right now the drawers have hand printed labels, as a rainey day project I may print up some new labels.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:31 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Truth is, it just stops me from ordering tires I know I already have...just cannot find :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Junior » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Just don't keep them in the bags and accidentally mix them up!!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:09 pm

I've got my tires and various parts in identical drawers under my new work desk. I don't have mine labeled yet, still haven't gotten around to it. They are great storage
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to The Tire Shop