Introducing "TRU" Tires.

Dedicated to the two leading brands of tires in our hobby.
Paul Gage Urethane Tires & Quick Slicks Silicone Tires
Forum rules
1. This forum is for Paul Gage and Quick Slicks Tires Only.
2. Please keep your comments & questions for these brands only.

Introducing "TRU" Tires.

Postby btaylor » Mon May 07, 2018 5:37 am

Thought I would update the group on my progress with the new tire company. The new name will be "TRU" Tires. Derived from Taylors Racing Urethanes. I am in the process of making all new molds to insure the best quality Tire I can make. I have cast over 200 tires in the last few days, with the only blems being attributed to my lack of filling the mold properly. The new formula allows for some significant improvement in sidewall detail, and will offer the same traction quality's as before. I am very happy to share the fact That Paul Gage is helping me with my new molds, and updating my whole process for production. Lets face it, you cant get better assistance on urethane tire making than the man himself!.
I am hoping to get to full production in the next few weeks, so I will be posting my progress for those interested.
I am looking forward to this venture like a kid at Christmas. I too, am needing some quality oddball tires for some fun builds I am working on, and it will great to offer a modeling quality tire that is capable of full on racing.
Also, you Drag racing guy's will love some of the period perfect slicks coming our way! 1/32nd and 1/24 Funny car's, Gassers and rail jobs will all benefit from these new molds.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Introducing "TRU" Tires.

Postby Z-carfan » Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 am

Great to hear Bob, now where is the like button? :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Mon May 07, 2018 9:03 am

Great deal, glad you took this over :music-rockout:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby mikeinclover » Mon May 07, 2018 9:31 am

Nice, great to see someone filling the void for the small nitch tires that may be needed.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Would probably be a market for Carrera front tires Bob if you can find one that hasn't turned to goo. :lol:
Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to The Tire Shop