[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - NY Toyfair 2016

NY Toyfair 2016

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

NY Toyfair 2016

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:20 pm

So it's that time of year again.... Toyfair NYC!!!! Well honestly i'm not sure exactly what samples are being send from Austria for the show. We're putting up the booth today (when I say we I don't mean me of course... not union you know ;) ) and I put up the track tomorrow (still not sure what I'm doing on the table yet but it will have a lot of curves) and we put the products on the shelves tomorrow too in addition to a sales meeting with the Reps. So i'll be posting pix of course and maybe some video and whatever else fun I can come up with. :music-rockout:
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Re: NY Toyfair 2016

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Look forward to your report!

I think you earned a SlotCar Pulitzer by now.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby eightwheels » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:46 pm

good to see what's coming to the USA. :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:00 pm

When will the Mario quad copter be out? Any other characters coming?
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Mario is the only quad copter. but we have Princess Peach for a quad (4-wheeler) this year.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby midmoslts » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks for taking the time to report for us hear on the forum. I love seeing all the cool new stuff for the first time.
midmoslts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:37 am

If you can snag a Hotwheels Toy Fair car please do for me that's all I ask .
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:11 am

Yeah right... everyone wants them! LOL... nice try :)
They have a closed booth and to get in you need an appointment.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:15 am

Stay warm:) Looks like a chilly one tomorrow.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:57 pm

Chilly? It's "f-ing" freezing! LOL... Saturday into Sunday morning it will be record wind chill of somewhere around -30!!!!!!
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:58 pm

I posted some videos on my FB page of tests with my new GoPro Session camera. Here's a link:
https://www.facebook.com/DaveMKennedy
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:00 pm

Please tell me Carrera will be releasing and importing a stock bodied MK1 Capri! I need something to spend my retirement account on!
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:03 pm

No, no more Capris i'm sorry Don, they sold poorly and there won't be more of them i'm sorry.

Ok so this might be kind of odd post... so here goes. I don't have new samples to show because for a variety of reasons they didn't arrive. yeah I know i'm disappointed too but that doesn't mean that there isn't good news. And the next bit will likely be more frustrating than not.. because.. let's just say there was a number of great meetings where we got a lot done. But because some of these projects are ongoing i'm not able to discuss what they were about... so yeah I know that's NOT at all satisfying since I don't really have much I can say other that WOW we're really working on some new stuff that will likely be VERY well received. You're just going to have to trust me guys and be patient. If i've earned your trust here please just give me the benefit of the doubt. Good things are coming, that's all i can say at the moment.

We're working internally on some changes in the company that won't be seen outside the company but trust me (again) when I'm telling you that we're all working with complete emphasis on this market and getting more products to satisfy this market.

I've not been able to post much because of the huge traffic we've had in the booth. We have been constantly working with customers, licensing folks, mass market folks, and it's been maybe the most tiring and exciting Toyfair I've ever been a part of. Meeting so many of our dealers who have all told me they've had such a good year last year and after showing them the products (that have been show already here online) that so far 100% of the dealers I've talked with (since I'm the one in the company that's focused on the hobby market) are very pleased with the product line we have shown. I've also shown many dealers the mock up photo of the Wrecker (yes, yes I know i'm going to hear about not being able to show it in public online yet but...) and to a person everyone is excited about it.

So maybe it's the high from the work or maybe the single malt for dinner tonight but I wanted to just share some maybe more personal thoughts here from the Toyfair.
Trust me if i had pix of new cars to show I'd show them... I expect that soon I'll be getting some samples maybe from the design team that I can share.
So in the mean time, I want to say that on behalf of the team here we really do appreciate the faith that you guys have shown in us.
In case you haven't checked out the website recently there actually are a number of new photos of 2016 cars so in the mean time, until I do have some cars to shoot check out our website ;)

http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/products ... 132/autos/
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HRWJim » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:54 pm

Some great stuff Dave. I really like the DX Vette on page 3. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Slot Car News!