[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - September 30 Louisville Swap Meet

September 30 Louisville Swap Meet

Latest Slot Car News - ALL SCALES

September 30 Louisville Swap Meet

Postby mattb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:21 am

This is the second annual and it got a pretty good start last year. Nice location and friendly guys. A whole room of slot car related stuff.

Steves swap meet (1).jpg

P1010001.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: September 30 Louisville Swap Meet

Postby mattb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:46 pm

Don't forget!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:16 am

Yeah, that's the kind of event I like vending at... but it's WAY too far for me to travel.
I know last year was successful, so all I can do is once again wish everyone a great show and to have some FUN!
Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Like all model car and slot car shows, it's a good chance just to meet and see a lot of other guys with the same interest you have. For a small hobby like we are, you don't get many chances to have a couple hundred slot guys together in the same place.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Absolutely. Seeing people at the model/slot car shows (the hobby is not as small as you might think, it just depends on your location) is a BIG part of the FUN for me. Seeing the same people (and their kids), and making new friends is a good way to see what people are doing in the hobby, and what they like about it. Yeah, it's great to have a good sales day when vending, but I've come home after spending as much as I made during the day - and I'm completely satisfied! For me, person to person live shows beats internet sales any day, if you don't make it all about the money. Long as I cover my travel/show costs, I'm good.

Slot car racing and model car building - the whole point is to have FUN!
See ya at the shows around the northeastern US. -- Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:26 pm

Before internet, I used to go to Dolton twice a year and sell my restored/fixed up cars and come home with money to support my hobby for the next 6 months. I also got to meet the other collectors from all over that I only knew from letters and phone calls.

After Ebay became the universal market place that changed drastically and selling at shows became less important than seeing the other guys!
The socializing is now the best part for me.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:32 am

Bring this back to the top in case anybody needs the date or location.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BIG E » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:35 pm

mattb - By socializing, do you mean in the flesh or digitally?

Just curious. Enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Ernie, something new, actually seeing and taking to person face to face!!!!

But, I guess we are all thankful for the internet and the ability to get together online. Thanks Harry for what you provide here.

I am old enough to remember the first AOL forums and the guys I met and got to know there, some of those guys are here. Until then I thought there were only about 12 guys in the world still interested in big scale slot cars!!!! Some of the old AOL guys, my good friend George Lowe of Indy Grips fame and that weird bunch of clams in Ohio!!!
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Next Sunday!!! Good location, lots of guys to talk slots with and a chance to support a local swap meet and show. Will be a running 1/24 track.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:05 am

Be there or be square. Look for me if you come. I'll have mostly 1/24 stuff with a wood track display section setup with a printed backdrop of grandstands and people.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 2fast4u14 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:03 pm

I WANT TO BUY A SCALEXTRIC CAULDER PARK THUNDERDOME SLOT CAR SET.DOES NOT HAVE TO BE COMPLETE,MISING CARS OR TRACK.WILL BUY JUST THE BOX.IF ANYONE AT THE SHOW HAS ONE,PLEASE ASK THEM TO CONTACT ME HERE.THANKS...
2fast4u14

Return to Slot Car News!