[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1978-79 Camaro T/A Racer [Finished]

1978-79 Camaro T/A Racer [Finished]

For 1/32nd Scale Models

1978-79 Camaro T/A Racer [Finished]

Postby dge467 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:07 pm

This is a old Monogram 1/32 kit. I am mounting it on a Scalextric Camaro chassis. Wheels I am using are from CB Design . The kit interior is being used with some back seat modifications to clear the motor. I made the new panels from some plastic sheet stock. The roll cage and driver are from the spares box. It is just mocked up for test fitting before paint. More to come.

Last edited by dge467 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dge467
The King of Foil

Re: 1978-79 Camaro T/A Racer

Postby Wobble » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:06 pm

Looking forward to see how this pans out. I've started work on the same kit with the hope of the end result looking a lot like this ATCC Bartlett car.
https://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&a ... JLI_1hpp5M:
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:50 am

Very interesting project here. Nice kit and looks like you have the plan. Nice work on that interior.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:43 am

Will look great, I'm sure. In time for the Trans-Am race in 2 weeks?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby williamg » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:20 am

nice
will look good when done
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:01 am

Thanks! And yes Allan, it should be ready! :D
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby docdoom » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:29 pm

docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 pm

No, no - Jeff (dge467) and I race twice a month in a local club. The next race in 2 weeks features Fly Classics and TransAm.

The due date for the TransAm Proxy cars is still March 1st.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Lookin' good! Makes me miss my '79!
Should make a sweet looking slot car!
Looking forward to the updates! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dge467 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:15 pm

I made a little more progress. The interior is all painted and assembled. I also made the body post to get the right stance. I like the color that the body is molded in so I gave it a nice polish.Th e tabs on the rocker panels are for the side exhaust. I am going to add working headlights too.

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: 1978-79 Camaro T/A Racer [Updates 1/30]

Postby dge467 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 pm

It is all done and racing! It already has a little racing scars here and there. Some decals were added to the car. The Z 28 on the rear of the car was already on it, I left it on even though it is crooked. I chrome foiled the taillights and then painted them with turn signal amber and clear red paint. The rest of the trim was chrome foiled also. I painted the black in the hood scoop too. Some LED headlights were added that I had from another project. I drilled out the headlight buckets and then added some lenses from the spares box.

dge467
The King of Foil

Re: 1978-79 Camaro T/A Racer [Finished]

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:02 am

This car not only looks great, it's also fast - it did some nice laps on my track last Saturday before the Formula 1 Proxy Round.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:42 am

That turned out amazing sir! Well done!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:20 pm

:text-bravo: :auto-driving:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:45 pm

First off, the car looks great.
Maybe you or your club has a trans am race set up. The current Trans am proxy (cars due in 2 weeks, March 1) is for 1966 to 1972. So i dont think fits in this series. You could ask the proxy organizer. From the rules:
"This proxy pays tribute to the glory days of the Trans-Am racing series. As such, the goal is to race Over 2.0/2.5 liter motor displacement (O2) cars that appear as scale representations of cars that raced or could have raced in the Trans-Am racing series during the 1966-1972 seasons."
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 1/32 Showcase