[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford - Ferrari Wars Proxy - Rules & Roster

Ford - Ferrari Wars Proxy - Rules & Roster

Re: Ford - Ferrari Wars Proxy - Rules & Roster

Postby Z-carfan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:28 pm

I too have not met Marty, but have learned from his posts as others have.
Working on some decals for Audi1 and the tribute car is my way of thanking him for all the info shared.

I think your idea for the 'bolder' 8 is a very cool idea. :text-bravo:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Does anyone have an idea about what tires they are going to use? I know the rules say rubber or urethane, but in my experience the two do not play well together. The Urethanes leave too much dust for rubber tires to maintain grip for a full heat if running directly after the urethane car.

If the field is going to be mixed, would it be too much to ask that rubber-tire cars be raced before the urethane-tire cars?

Allan, what's your feeling? What do the host tracks normally use?
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:34 pm

By the way, is there a list yet of the tracks that will be part of this series?

It would be good to have details so we can plan gear ratios, guide depths etc.

Or did I just miss it somewhere?
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Thanks Allan.

I presume the order of the tracks will change a bit, the two NZ tracks are separated by two US tracks, that would cost a fortune in postage.

And are there now 13?

Would you like me to do the scoring, like for the GP5 proxy? I can use the same spreadsheet template.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Yea, the geographical order of the tracks will be such that it minimizes shipping costs.

We are at 12 tracks and that looks like it's going to be it.

I need to check with McLiams and TuscoTodd, to see if they had previously offered to do the scoring for this event; thanks for the offer, Dennis. I'll get back to you shortly on this.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:50 am

Hi Allan

My son's car, spiritracer / Ferrari 250LM / #11 will be there in March. He is liking our new track mate timer. He takes it out and fools around with it every once in a while with his friends.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:47 am

Thanks Austin. I didn't know that spiritracer was your son. That's great! I'll mark his as confirmed on the roster.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:35 pm

What is the entry fee for this proxy?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:16 pm

There is no entry fee. Although I could consider one; say $10.00/car, if you all think I should.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:29 pm

It certainly wouldnt prevent my participation Allan and will help with the shipping costs.
Just say the word and paypal can do, the rest.
Best make it in US $ as Canadian $ wouldnt get it from my house to the border. :lol:

Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby arroldn » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Allen,
My cars Ford GT40 MKII #6 Ferrari 512S Coda Lunga #11.

$10 is fine with me. Lowest entry fee of all proxies.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:39 am

I'm in for covering shipping also......Unless you have tonight's winning powerball numbers
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:39 am

Aw come on Bob! Our loonie is worth a nickel more today than it was a month ago, or maybe the greenback has lost 4 cents. We've also gained a dime on the pound.

There is some hope for future cross border purchasing, eh?

Sure I'll be willing to spend $13.50 CAD on a proxy. One on SCI cost me nearly $100.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:59 am

Allan;

I think I have decided which cars I will send.

A Ferrari 312 PB #87, Slot.it body on brass chassis.
A Ford GT40 #9, Scalextric body on brass chassis.

The transporter should roll out in about a week after some last minute testing and tuning. I have a Ford Capri that I considered, SRC body on brass chassis, but I decided the GT40 was more in the spirit of the F/F Wars.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy