[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - A sweet pair of Lola T280s

A sweet pair of Lola T280s

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

A sweet pair of Lola T280s

Postby Dangermouse » Thu May 21, 2015 4:39 am

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: A sweet pair of Lola T280s

Postby miveson » Thu May 21, 2015 5:34 am

Very nice DM - can't say I've seen the swiss cheese before. They looks brilliant - one of my favourite cars....
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Thu May 21, 2015 6:21 am

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu May 21, 2015 7:11 am

I like your planned livery David, but I must admit the blue Gitanes caught my attention.
I am used to, seeing it on matras F1 and Lemans, but I dont recall seeing it on a Lola before.
Very nice collection.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby balsaworks » Thu May 21, 2015 12:42 pm

The #8 Swiss cheese car is the one that Jo Bonnier drove in his fatal crash at le Mans in 1972.
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Being a bit of a Swissophile, I picked up both the 7 and 8 cars some years ago. Also like the Bonnier connection.
PGT Fly Classic tires and all is well.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Stephane B » Thu May 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Nice collection ,who sell slotter?
Stephane B

Postby WB2 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Not much out there on the auction site.
I don't know of any shops that have these left.
I know I'd like to find a few more.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Thu May 21, 2015 3:29 pm

they are mostly gone now - I picked up a few on eBay and from sellers on here (I also have 2 of their Ferraris)

Searching Spanish auction sites will usually yield some - in my case - I bought 1 as a complete car and 3 as bodies from Spain I on here and 1 and the white kit from Sweden - I found drivers and cockpits and detail parts from a chap in Germany and I found the chassis in Sweden.

I didn't set out to get 6 of them. I like the Bonnier livery so set out to get one of them - the chap in Spain had the #12 car so I ordered it and the Gitanes body - he then contacted me to say he didn't have the #12 as a car only a body he had the white car complete - I ordered them and when they arrived he had put another body in for free. I then learnt the #8 car was a Bonnier car as well so I sort it out. Now I have 6 of them :) from 4 different countries - gotta love the Internet.
Last edited by Dangermouse on Thu May 21, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Stephane B » Thu May 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Stephane B

Postby VTECFOUR » Thu May 21, 2015 7:50 pm

One of my favorite classics.

Got this variation in resin that uses the Sloter chassis, drivetrain and some body parts.

Bought from Lagartijakit, a Spanish caster, years ago. Nicely done with intake snorkel, driver heads and decals included. I believe it cost around 35 euros.

This is a good reminder to get going on the kit.

Thanks for posting

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri May 22, 2015 1:42 am

Nice kit - I know Juan Carlos - bought some photo etched parts from him... might have to see if he still has the kit :)

There are a few Sloter -Lola for sale on eBay - they arena Europe and start at around $70
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby miveson » Fri May 22, 2015 4:02 am

I must admit that red livery on the Lola does look awfully nice....

I'm lucky enough to have 4 of the lola's but no cheese unfortunately... or white kit.

The white kit was limited to 1000 so is rather hard to find.

Your missing the Barclays #18.....

Looking forward to the built thread on the red one...
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri May 22, 2015 5:32 pm

The Flint car has a lexan tray interior - which is different - the white kit is body and detail parts - Jan also put in a chassis - I had the front wheels bought a bag of them when I got the bodies from Spain - I had a look think I am missing a few - though I am not trying to collect them all

Looking at trading the Elf and the Flint cars with a mate
Last edited by Dangermouse on Sat May 23, 2015 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:35 am

Where is the Targa photo from (website, book, or magazine)?
Is the close up shot of the car from a vintage race?
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale