TGIF - Happy Memorial Day Weekend

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri May 22, 2015 6:00 am

It's a long weekend for some of us and around here it will be a busy one.

Tonight The General and I are heading out for "Mamaw and "Papaw" duty with the grand kids. Our daughter is making dinner and we always have a great time.

Have to work on our Redneck Bathtub (pool) a little and get things ready for the following weekend. Our oldest son and his new bride are coming out for a visit.

On the slot car front I am really stacking up the projects. Poor Vega modified needs to be finished and that is priority 1. Want to see this car on the track hopefully can make it happen. Also have some older classics in line for restoration. MIDMO should have a small facelift as well.

We will enjoy it and that is the best way to honor what this weekend is all about. :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa: :flags-waveusa:

Wish all of you a fun and safe weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Happy Memorial Day Weekend

Postby Stephane B » Fri May 22, 2015 6:08 am

happy memorial day weekend to my hrw US friend :flags-usa: :flags-usa:
Stephane B

Postby ccobra » Fri May 22, 2015 6:19 am

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY to all. I have the usual projects ahead this weekend plus four of my Grandkids are coming up. That means some track time (with me putting the cars back in the slots), and getting rid of some pesky ground squirrels. And hopefully I'll be able to find some time to design and print out a new chassis for my Pioneer Camaro which only lasted a few hours with one of the Grandkids before breaking a motor mount.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 22, 2015 7:56 am

Thank you to all of our Veterans and especially those who gave their all as the ultimate sacrifice for their country. :flags-waveusa:

I'm playing catch-up at work today after an insane week. I've got about 5 tons of mulch to remove around the yard and replace with river rock, but since it has been raining for 40 days and nights, I've decided to put my skills to work and construct an Ark. I haven't seen a Spring in Colorado like this in many years. I guess we'll get the flooding out of the way before the fires this year instead of the normal pattern of fires and then floods.

I've got a few orders to do, some work on the Corvair to do as well as some new 3D models to work on. Also been doing some work on the track when I can catch 30 seconds or so at a time. I'm no Bob Taylor, but it'll do.

I hope everyone has a great and safe holiday weekend!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TsgtRet » Fri May 22, 2015 8:10 am

I'll be working the 3 days at my "part time" job so I can have the following Saturday off. My Kubota is down with a hydraulic leak and parts won't be in until Tuesday. Praying for no rain over the weekend or I may have to use the 2N and the Bush Hog for the first cut of the yard! Will try and get some more pasture mowing done today and some paint on one of the wife's projects.
Have a good holiday and thanks, in advance, for remembering my Brothers and Sisters who "went and did" so others didn't have to.

:flags-usa: "All Gave Some...Some Gave ALL" :flags-usa:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Fri May 22, 2015 9:41 am

Thanks to all that served! with out you we would be nothing!

im going to the cabin this weekend. a well deserved weekend off! ive been working 20+ days straight. no slots this weekend :(..... but guns 4-wheelers and fires so not going to complain :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri May 22, 2015 2:19 pm

We loath to hit the road during a holiday weekend. Lucky thing for us, we live in a place where people want to travel to rather than away from for a holiday. So we will do our holiday "vacation" close to home. I got a load of parts in the mail last week to put into ROAR proxy cars. A set of BRM wire wheels/ tires, some 16.5 X7 CB Design wheels, Slot.it axles and gear and a couple of MT-1 motors. I am still waiting on some PG tires coming from Canada for the CB Design wheels. That should keep me busy in my spare time for the next week.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri May 22, 2015 2:22 pm

all heros in my book

be safe ya'll have a great weekend
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby strangebrew » Fri May 22, 2015 2:47 pm

E-mailed one of my old Navy buddies.......Gotta' ship pigeons in half n' hour to a 200 & 300 mile race.
I'll put up the flags tomorrow. (Gripes me that people fly the flag as DECORATION & don't take it down at dark or inclement weather)
Guess I'll cut the grass tomorrow & have lunch with my 89 year old mother at her place tomorrow also..............
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri May 22, 2015 3:27 pm

To my southern friends, may you have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend , and god bless all who have , and currently are serving, to ensure our freedoms as we enjoy them.
Its nice to have good neighbours.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby FootScoot » Fri May 22, 2015 7:15 pm

Rid myself of the Fiat, what a nightmare. I now have to look for another mode of transportation. Mowed grass today, and cleaned house. I'm getting to be a regular Susie Homemaker, plus a carpenter, glazier, and few other things I know I have forgot.
I did go to my grandsons graduation last night. His high school was rated #1 in the nation for academics. He will be taking engineering at USI in the fall. Great kid, smarter than me.
Everyone have a great holiday and stay safe. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale