[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF!

TGIF!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:25 am

What a week around here. Busy tidying things up, both online and in the Skunkworks. Few projects on the bench that I want to finish this week but as usual I am way behind.

A shout out to Cheater as he is finally a Grandpa :) You only thought you were broke. Let the money train begin :)

Hope you folks find some slot car time this weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:33 am

Working from home today and have a load of "stuff" to finish up there.

Remolding about 10 cars...some I haven't molded in about 5 years (vintage stockers) and it is always a joy to realize that the last time I did something broke, etc. and now the master needs work. So, that's keeping me busy.

Have a VIP coming in next month and have to clean this dive up a bit before the grand arrival. Probably should re-tune some of my cars so I don't get my hat handed to me from this master tuner!

Still trying to work on the Corvair to finish it up and had a new 3D body come in. The body is smooth, but the model had some issues as they incorrectly interpreted the roof. It wasn't noticeable until I had it in my hands. So, after the Corvair, this one gets a new roof.

Hoping to take the fetching Mrs. Reinecke off to the hills for some Jeep time tomorrow. Haven't done nearly enough of that. Going to use a new path to get over the hills to Woodland Park and hit the local Rudy's in Colorado Springs for their brisket and green pork chili. I can't get enough of that stuff.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby valie » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:29 am

Club night! We are running the fast LMP class tonight. Then after next week's Group5's, we take a well earned 6 week break. Thinking of it now, how am I going to survive that long without racing? Oh well, I suppose I can paint some nice paintings when the weather allows it here in Holland.
valie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:48 am

what a week, been go,go,go, let me tell you boys it aint no fun when the wife is not able to do what she does :(
I have been a nurse, grocery getter, kid hauler, chief cook and bottle washer, my tail is dragging and the boss wants me to work Saturday :violence-stickwhack:

Big shout out to my bud Cheater congrats on the new grand baby, hope mom and baby are doing well

Dave have fun in the rocks but be careful bro :flags-waveusa:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby bobbyraz49 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:11 am

Wet weekned forecast here in Buffalo. So....racing at Ace Hobby in Niagara Falls on Saturday, followed by races at Niagara Nobby in Buffalo on Sunday.
Take care all !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cheater » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks guy's.Everyone is happy and healthy.
This grandpa thing should be interesting!

Cheater
Cheater
I've got Major Medical

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:08 am

Ha! Cheater is a grandpa! What an education this kid is going to get! About 5 years from now, we will see photos of this kid with a huge sneaky grin, gripping a controller (small nuclear device), that's slowly melting and managing to nerf a Cadillac off the track with a sub-Fiat. Woe is us... Well, congrats, anyway Chester, Chunkster, uh, Cheater, yeah, that's it!

Designing a fantasy hillclimber this weekend. Its a VW bucket powered by a Lycoming aircraft engine, painted to look like it was powder coated. The entire rear end will pivot and sway, just like a transaxle rear engine car does, because I saved some of the old Fly motor/axle sidewinder pods. It already looks like fun and I barely started. The airplane engine is actually a 1/24 Corvair Turbo-6 in disguise. Scales out just about right!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby sixtiesracer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Racing at Sick Puppy Raceway tonight.Tomorrow go to Manchester,N.H. for a H.O.S.T. race tomorrow.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Well, as usual will be working all weekend (with no internet access :cry: ).
We're coming down to the wire on getting the place ready to sell.....I have the range hood down to clean and repaint (black) to match the appliances. We are fairly good about kitchen clean up but from what I found in that range hood :scared-eek: you would have thought we were the biggest pigs in history. About 4 hours tied up in it at this point, waiting for the paint to dry and then reassembly and reinstallation. :o
Congrats to the new Grandpa! :banana-dance:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Stephane B » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:33 pm

old Johnny take care,

for the weekend, continue working on src914 (scc bushing,slot it gear, axle, cb desing wheels on the rear ) tune it for a smooth running car. also have a fly truck in the paint shop :D , if i have time mabe start working on my first brass chassis ...might be a busy weekend :lol:
Stephane B

Postby Gameover » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Takkng the kids and wife camping for their first tone next weekend. So my weekend will consist of getting all my gear ready and shopping for food and new supplies. Maybe some work on my fast fish for the drap run. Just finishing touches left. Paint interior body mounting and tuning.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Sarge, try dipping a putty knife in lacquer thinner to scrape that stuff. Works great. When we bought this place, we needed to reuse all we could during the remodel, and I cleaned a hood so bad it was actually heavy to carry. Yech.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:58 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale