[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My first new car to run on my new track

My first new car to run on my new track

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

My first new car to run on my new track

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:41 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My first new car to run on my new track

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 am

Bob, great to here you are so close to "trigger time". You are going to love how the Stratos runs! The only things I did to mine was swap a little weight for the magnet and put a set of Quick Slicks on it.
Keep us posted!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Yup as Dave says , first congrats on your progress, and the car runs great with a bit of weight and
I'm using PG tires on mine.
Way to go Bob
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:29 pm

So, when do you expect to be running this car around?
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Marty, with luck it may be running by Saturday. I have everything to get the trackmate lap counter and timing hooked up too.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

I will be looking forward to running some laps, soon.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Bob - that is a great looking car and will undoubtedly be awesome on the re-worked track!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 pm

I hafta say, I have been waiting to see this post. Saturday. We're holding you to it, Bob. Don't forget there's a lot of folks here who understand those timing things.

I recently bought some supplies to build my own, but I haven't started to figure it out yet.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Keep going Bob, almost there. Looking good.
Richard.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:18 pm

Well I have run some laps with the Stratos. At first it had the Ninco wheel hop when applying power. I thought it was sloppy bushings but when I removed the body I discovered that this car has real front and rear suspension. That's OK for the fronts but in my opinion the rear suspension causes the wheel hop. I say this because after I glued the rear bushings in place the wheel hop disappeared and I must say it became a pleasure to drive. I probably won't race it in serious competition as it is pretty much in a class by itself but I will have fun driving it just for fun.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:33 pm

I guess it depends on your track surface and your tires; I run on Carrera and Ninco tracks and I have Quick Slicks on it with a slight crown. I don't have the chassis loose....the suspension provides the "body float". I ran mine on our "Group 5" night and it did quite well, just limited in power. But regardless, isn't she a looker? :mrgreen:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:39 pm

I run on a fairly smooth painted mdf track. The rear tires were replaced with yellow dog urethanes. The fronts are still stock. Before I glued the rear bushings the car would begin to hop when applying power coming out of a corner or from a standing start. Track voltage was set at 12v.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:15 pm

I've tried the crowning on several cars and it seems to reduce the hopping in most cases. I love that Stratos, my only regret is missing out on the Alitalia livery when they came out. :doh:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:23 am

Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale