[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My modified track cleaning vehicle

My modified track cleaning vehicle

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: My modified track cleaning vehicle

Postby chappy » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:46 am

Great thread, some real innovative ideas.
Love the street cleaner too.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:06 am

I'm selling on of those Hummers in the for sale forum if someone is looking for a project.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:50 am

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Tycosaur » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:38 pm

Tycosaur
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:47 pm

I am with Harry and keep it simple. The only difference is I use painters tape, a little less sticky.
This reminds me of the old story about NASA spending millions to create a pen that can work in space while Russia used a pencil but the fun is in the challenge.
Maybe we need to see what Loco Tom (Mr. Wizard) can come up with!
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:25 pm

I should have mentioned that mine is just a vacuum. For the kind of race debris that can get on a track, I always put a big hunk of masking tape on the back of the Zamboni.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby slothead » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Considering I've always wanted to build a track cleaner for the oval using parts from a cordless Dirt Devil, I love the ingenuity shown here. For those that have gotten to a dirt track a few hours early and watched all the track prep going on, this is just another aspect of simulating the real thing. I'm sure some of you have built or imaged a scale tow truck that can 'rescue' wrecked cars and tow them back to the pits. I have 2 scale R/C trucks purchased for just such a project someday.

As for pure cleaning, last week I used Clorox wipes on as much of the oval as I could reach easily and it's made a big difference without any bad side effects so far. All the cars get much better traction now so I'll be doing this regularly in the future.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:36 am

I adapted Harry's solution to my Hummer. I attached the folded masking tape to the crossbar I had previously mounted to the drop arm. Even after wiping down the track with a damp cloth I still pick up a considerable amount of dust and debris, especially in the outer lanes.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale