[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My visit to the PDR - What a time!

My visit to the PDR - What a time!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

My visit to the PDR - What a time!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:52 pm

So after many years of knowing David, it finally happened. My first visit to the famed Palmer Divide Raceway (in scale).

To say he has a great space for a slot car track is quite the understatement. The General got comfortable quickly as would anyone. What a start!

Very nice display. The whole room is decorated with various racing posters and collectibles. But this display is right before....

This nice corner :) This is where I unloaded my heaps. Full kitchen :) At least to me it is. Can you imagine the magic we can do here during a large event? I can.

And the view gets better. This is what you take in when you first walk in. What a sight.

I really am in awe of this layout and the construction. Nicely finished benchwork all around gives this track a professional feel. Sort of like furniture with attitude. :)

Detail, detail, detail. This track has it and it's done right.

Hmmm...I like what I see.

This is one of the perks of visiting one of our leading resin casters. What a pair.

This is just one of the areas that make you stop and take notice. Not sure why this scene caught my eye so fast.... :roll:

The Mav that started it all.

A reverse angle that shows more than first glance. The back straight isn't really straight at all. This jog and elevation change makes it a lot of fun to drive on.

Another view. Did I mention these Scalextric cars are a total hoot on this layout? We had a BALL with them. I took a strong second place.

I think they are discussing my penalties.

And a peek into the secret laboratory of RMS :)

What a great visit. I think anyone who has a chance should arrange a visit. This track would be PERFECT for organized club racing as well as just fun running.

That is what we did too. We enjoyed a lot of variety and the biggest honor was having his Dad there to race against.

Thanks again Doc!!! What a time!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: My visit to the PDR - What a time!

Postby Gameover » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Wow. That place is amazing!!! Great work doc! And great write up boss!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm

Ok, I think I'll toss my cars and track in the trash!!!! :o
This is just awesome. When DR says he's a model railroader that likes to go fast, he isn't kidding. Incredible detail (love the inside of the control tower), even something for Harry's "Black-n-Gold Radar" to lock on to!!
(Drool, slobber, pant)
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:18 pm

I think I will toss my track in the trash! :lol: That is a great hobby hideout! Very nice! Thanks for sharing.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby ccobra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:24 pm

What a spread. Now when I look at mine I see how out of place everything is. I just wish I could be half that organized. Looks like you had lots of fun.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby red73mustang » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:53 pm

Spectacular! Where did you get the Firestone billboard?
red73mustang
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:06 pm

First things first:

1) This is all my mom and dad's fault - I'm just a victim in that I got my gearhead from them.
2) This is all Harry's fault - had I not seen some work of his on SCI back around 2002, I don't think I would have swapped to 1/32 scale
3) This is Frank at Slot Car World's fault - had I not seen his scenery contest in 2001 I probably would never have attempted scenery
4) This is really ALL my fault - I'm a 5 year old boy in a 48 year old body.

It was truly a blast having Harry and The General come out to visit. I'm so happy he brought some of his finely crafted and tuned cars so I could once again see how it's done.

Thanks for the nice comments, but you guys keep your tracks and cars please - this isn't all that and a bag of chips really. As for the organization - I just can't stand dealing with a mess when working on something. If I have to hunt for the tool or part it takes away from my time working on things.

I really haven't been able to have folks over with everything going on but that is about to change I think.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:44 pm

So David do you even need to venture into the rest of the house? What a great setup! That's slot heaven right there. Thanks for sharing
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Wow, what a set up. Now I will feel self concious about you visiting my humble abode.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:58 pm

beautiful track,looks like high end furniture
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:59 am

That track looks great! How long is it / what's a fast lap time?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:03 am

That is one class act right there! I have always said the PDR is the best road course ever, and will always be my personal favorite.
This track ranks right up there with the best even Slotmods has ever done in my opinion.
I envy your trip Harry, it sure looks like a great time was had by all. Thanks for sharing these great angles of the track too!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 am

Wow, what a great dedicated space and road course! After seeing this I can really feel the pull to swap to 1/32 scale... And the organization - all enviable!

Top tier track, top tier resins, top tier boarder.

The whole deal almost has that 'Bond Super Villian secret lair' feel about it - like this is where Goldfinger would race his slot cars...
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:44 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:47 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale