TGIF - Chilly outside

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Chilly outside

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:26 am

It is getting a little cooler these days, outside that is:)

Inside things are getting hotter by the day. Plenty of product reviews coming, especially Carrera. I am seeing more of you post about other latest products and very happy to see that. That is what makes a good forum a great one. I cannot review it all, so your help is priceless to others searching for answers.

More projects to do as usual. But that's just the way we are isn't it?

Website/forum will be updated almost daily. You should not see and slowdowns or outages.

Hope all of you have a great weekend and find some slot time.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Chilly outside

Postby dreinecke » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:15 am

I LOVE this time of year. Not only for the new releases, but I love the colder weather, fall colors, snow, crock-pot cooking, and the Denver Broncos. I get all of those now! Well, it's still going to be like 80 degrees today, so I guess I'll get some of that now...

A ton of projects to do, and for only the second year, almost NONE of them involve a house LOL! The yard takes almost no time to do, the house needs no winterizing, the furnace and humidifier (yes, we HAVE to put water into the system here!) filters are changed and ready. The only thing to do in about 2 weeks is take down the sun sails on the back deck. That only takes 20 minutes.

Working on the Queen's Jeep, hope to paint up and cast a few more figures, work on the next two RMS releases, watch the Broncos defeat the Vikings, and have some good food.

Have a great weekend!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby btaylor » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:43 am

Been weird weather here for over a week now. with way cooler temps than normal, and lots of dreary wet days. now a hurricane potentially skirting the coastline, we are in for a wet weekend with no sun. Been down with a nerve problem in my back for about the same length of time too. Not very much done slot car wise at all. Got some casting to do this weekend, and HOPE to get some trigger time! Proxy cars are stacking up and need finished.
hope you all have a great weekend!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby RazorJon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:07 am

I got 2 days off :music-rockout: after 21 days and only 2 days off I need a little time

Saturday I plan on some yard work, then at noon I plan to go insane, at the insane speedway, I can only spend a few hours

Union High School is having its homecoming Dance and my twin girls are going, so time to oil the shotgun

Sunday I must say goodbye to an old friend, An SKS rifle I won at a gun show 20 years ago is going to a new home :cry:

I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:25 am

Warm and humid here. We've got a dilly of a hurricane sitting on top of the Bahamas. They are predicting it will head due north and away from Florida. I hope Joaquin knows that is what it's supposed to do.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:28 am

Had our first showing of the place yesterday (fingers crossed), cool here too. Will be up late tonight, the "household financial manager" arrives at Ft Wayne at midnight then a 45 minute drive home. Another showing tomorrow, hope this indicates a trend! (My work area is neater than usual because of the showings so not much getting done, slot-wise :roll: ). Bob and Shotgun, take care of yourselves! Have to go water her plants.....
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosewheel » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:17 am

Cool and windy here. Great slot car weather!
:D
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:24 am

Too much to do. I have the ROAR cars here and plan to run them on Luf's Burnaby Grind hill climb tonight. The Targa proxy cars have started to arrive and I don't have mine finished yet. There are about a half dozen proxies I want to enter and am building for. I was hoping to turn one of Shotgun's VW busses into a hearse for the Monster Mash, but I just don't have enough time. Maybe for next year, eh?

Good time to be working in my new slot cave, but the new track will have to wait until next spring or summer.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Beautiful fall weather here I just returned from two days at the coast playing with my G scale model train group. I am working on a digital modern day Trans Am Camaro. It's a Scalextric and the stance is completely wrong for Trans Am 2 which is what I am modeling. It is now lowered and the fenders arches have been widened. I am also working on my SSD track that this series of car will run on. I just got back from the lumber store with a batch of pressure treated lumber which will go into a long term redwood deck substructure replacement project. I am hoping to replace all of the joists, posts and girders before I am too old and decrepit to lift a hammer. Actually I am already there come to think of it.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Well we had rain here in the Central Valley, looks like El Nino has begun. We must have received at least 5cc of rainfall. That got the farmers out so it has been dusty today and my allergies have been working overtime. Anyway, getting out the brass tubing this weekend to see if I can make a chassis for the HRW race before I commit but I need to figure out what body to use so that I can determine the wheelbase. Then I have to mix in some honey-do projects like hanging up new doors in the house of which I've done two with five more to go. Then maybe I can get some slot track time in during the football game tomorrow evening if I don't put away to many cold ones. Anyway, hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cantstopnow » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Well collage started out fun. After being told that there would not be much math I found that was not so true. Fractions, power numbers, square roots among other run stuff. Working with a tutor and a lot of home study I am getting it down. Not a lot of time to build that is yapping tonite. Have a couple papers to do tomorrow then some racing at red devil. Then more building tomorrow night.
cantstopnow
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Weather change here to, and with it the health curse.
Sore throat, sound like a frog , all stuffed up, headache, no energy, must be man flu.
Staying warm , lots of tea and honey , in my lazy boy whinning to myself.
Who to blame , for giving me this curse.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Junior » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:47 pm

This is the way to start the weekend, a little racing, a little Oktoberfest...

Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby FootScoot » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:11 am

Cool and rainy here this morning. Just the kind of day to work on some slot stuff. So I'll be finishing the 340 Challenger T/A up, and may work on a New Beetle that has been waiting for some TLC. Still have the Mini Cooper staring at me, just need the parts to complete, maybe next month. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby 4424ever » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:09 am

Hey Ken I'd love to see some pics of that T/A if possible. A little something to cheer me up while I deal with a roof leak and the living room ceiling on the floor. No help from the insurance company either :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: . Someone out there heeds to set a fast car on the track and do about 50 angry laps for me :auto-driving:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale