[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Quick project just for fun

Quick project just for fun

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Quick project just for fun

Postby btaylor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Had some decals from a lot auction I won. there were a few good ones in the bunch, so I took one of my Artin stockers, and turned it into this. It was the Green body, just repainted, and I had already upgraded the chassis to run with the SCX cars. Not perfect, but its fun, and can take a beating!ImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Quick project just for fun

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:56 pm

Bob!
Being a SUNOCO fan - I have to say that looks GREAT!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:04 pm

Very cool, Bob, I like it! The only thing about the Artins is brand.....Fordchevydodgetoyota :lol:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Nice Bob.
I wonder if there are enough of them still around to have an Artin proxy ?
Might be fun just seeing what liveries folk come up with too.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:25 pm

Bob, I own enough of them to have a HUGE proxy! :lol: all by myself!
It would be fun though, but as you said, might not be a bunch left out there.

Sarge, if I had to make a guess at brand, I would say Chevy. next to a Scaley, ot SCX, they look very similar.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Outstanding. That is a great looking effort.

You inspired me. Took awhile to find it.

On the bench now.

Let's race :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:50 pm

It is a mix. Take the front grill, flip it back over the right way and you have a Dodge. Might be a Ford roof line molded into a Chevy rear tail section. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby hoganracing » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:43 pm

hoganracing
Frequent Flyer

Postby btaylor » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:58 am

Wow ! Those are some great looking Artin stockers! Harry, that two tone looks fantastic, and Patrick, those are some great Livery's
Endless possibility's with these cars.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:30 am

My question now, what did you do to change your Bob? Just new motor?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:08 am

Found another. Gave it a bath, little oil and still runs great. Not sure how many hundreds of miles it has traveled, but if anyone tells you using Future for a clear coat won't work...well, they are incorrect. All I did was buff it up with some polish.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Those look great Harry! I did the usual front axle shim up, side play removed, rear bushings Hot glued, and added a Pioneer motor to match the lap times of the SCX cars. oh yea, PG's on the rear too.
Lap times are low 3's, best of 3.128 on the Sunoco car.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby VenturaAlfa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:44 am

Man! Those are a great looking bunch of cars. :D I've got a few Artin stockers, guess I need to get to work.

Nice job men. Those thing all look ready to race!!! :banana-dance:

Ventura Alfa
VenturaAlfa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sixtiesracer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:16 pm

I've got a couple too.I'll just get some PG tires and a motor swap I'm good to go.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Wow do these bring back memories. Really great stuff!!! Didn't Mark T. make an over-the-top model out of one of these things? I recall drooling...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale