[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Hawk Has Landed!

The Hawk Has Landed!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

The Hawk Has Landed!

Postby Quickcars » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:26 pm

I was finally able to acquire the super rare Strombecker Brawner Hawk! I have always wanted one but the asking price has always been astronomical. Well, I paid more than I wanted to for this one but since they seem to come along very very infrequently, I thought I'd better jump on this one.

Once I have the right decals, this one will look pretty good running against the Lotus's

IMAG1002.jpg
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: The Hawk Has Landed!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:49 pm

NICE addition!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Waaay Cool QC
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby munter » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:11 am

Did I see a resin kit of this car on eBay.
The kit was highly detailed and had many parts.
Shipping wasn't to my part of the world otherwise I might have been tempted.

Cool car there, Paul.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:53 am

Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:02 pm

Good looking car! I've tried to get one of these a few times and they were just too much. Looks like you got a great example.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby munter » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:26 am

munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Quickcars » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:38 am

Thanks for that link Munter! The selling price is almost what I paid for the whole car but I'd pay it to have all those handy replacement parts!

David, you are right about the typical auction prices for these cars. They can be sky high. I just got lucky as the only description for this one was "old Indy car". That probably kept some of the high bidders away. It was cheap but it was far less than the $150 and above I've seen these sell for. A nearly complete example sold for $215 a couple of months ago. These typically bring higher prices than even Monogram Midgets! Anywho, I'm super happy to finally have one and I will try to detail it as best I can. I runs pretty well already with the new PG rear tires and some super hard fronts from my parts bin. A little chassis tuning and it's doing pretty quick laps already. The blue Strombecker "Hemi" is a nice running old motor!

Paul
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale