[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Big is good, '74 Mercury Monterey

Big is good, '74 Mercury Monterey

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Big is good, '74 Mercury Monterey

Postby Wobble » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:33 pm

Last edited by Wobble on Thu May 24, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Big is good, '74 Mercury Monterey

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:14 pm

I told you guy's that Wobble is the pioneer chassis king

my 74 Ford always sits on the top step
and weights in at 120g

very handy on the squeezes
hasn't come off second best in a nerf yet
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:14 am

That cool!

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:36 am

Needs to be black....... Five O style.....

looks like Steve is already driving....
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:45 am

That's pretty much how the last one I saw looked. Nice work!

And MAN! That thing is a yacht!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby eeprof » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:55 am

Nice job!

I like the land yacht!!!!
eeprof
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:45 am

munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:06 pm

first they have to have a meeting to decide if they should have meeting on whether they should have a meeting to decide on having a meeting on this
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:11 pm

cheers guys, .. the quote was borrowed from you munter. ... I had a meeting about not using a helmet and it was unanimously in favour of no helmet
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:05 am

With the flat head kinda looks like Frankenstein in his profile.... :lol: Or maybe Herman Munster...

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:19 am

And I thought my '82 Regal was big! :D
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:24 am

Nice job on the build! Cool looking!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:57 am

That is great!!!
Gotta love the land yachts from the 70's! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BIG E » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:12 am

Cool! As an official FORD guy, I LIKE it! Enjoy sliding around that big Merc. I'm curious, is that the type of Palmer kit where the sides had to be glued to the hood, roof, and trunk component? Built a few of those when I was a kid, especially with my younger brother. I've raced plenty of Galaxies against guys when they're running the usual choices for competition - the smaller '64-'72 Chevelle, '67 GTX and other mid sized bodies. This has been in 1/24-25 scale hard body races on commercial road course and oval tracks with spec one piece brass chassis (typically Parma FCR), and I've won my fair share of those races, too.
Keep trying for that top step on the podium! It's cool to have something different to race, isn't it?
Thanks for the photos. Good luck with the Mercury, and... have FUN! -- Ernie :>)

PS -- Forgot to mention, installing those wheel covers really sells that "big car" vibe! -- E
Last edited by BIG E on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Valvarez » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:18 am

This is inspiring. Thanks for posting. I've always wanted to recreate the 1976 Ford LTD I drove as a teenager (pic attached). I'm not much of a craftsman, but I'm going to give it a try.
Valvarez

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale