[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My new fleet of Indy Cars

My new fleet of Indy Cars

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

My new fleet of Indy Cars

Postby ccobra » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:49 pm

About two years ago an article was written in Engineering Design magazine complete with front, top and side views of the new Indy racers. I decided what the heck, so I modeled them up in Inventor and printed them out. I have since discovered that the original pictures I used were not to scale but what the heck, The grand-kids don't care and were going to do some racing this summer. The wheelbase is scaled down from 120" just like the current ones and the ground clearance is a little high so that it will run smoother on my track. Their all set up with Piranha 21.5k power, Slot-it 11-34 sidewinder gearing, but two of them have the Slot-it guide and the last Red/white/blue one got the scaleauto guide. Now to sand on the scaleauto guide so that it will be competitive with the Slot-it.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My new fleet of Indy Cars

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Those look pretty cool...
And you're right that grandkids don't care. They just want to have fun with Grandpas.... :lol:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Nice job. You are right, the little ones just want to have fun.

Heck, so do us bigger kids.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:12 am

They look like they ought to be a lot of fun to race and all being equal definitely ups the fun factor! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby k0z0oo1 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:38 am

Awesome looking cars! Can you post more and detailed pictures? Also, what did you do for the chassis?
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:55 am

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby spaceshoes » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Those are great! The old IRL cars were a blast to drive. Would you sell any of those? Those would look incredible with some IndyCals on them.
spaceshoes

Postby ccobra » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:27 pm

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale