[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Big weekend plans?

Big weekend plans?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Big weekend plans?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 26, 2016 7:34 am

Some of us have a long weekend coming up.

We have the grandkids coming for a BBQ on Saturday and that means a special trip to the meat market on Friday.

Hopefully we get the Carrera track out and have some fun hot lapping.

Then back to working on the Buick Late Model.

What about you folks?

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend. Take time to remember :flags-waveusa:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Big weekend plans?

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 7:42 am

We avoid the roads on holiday weekends as best we can though we may venture to our favorite beach for a nice long walk. I have a bunch of springtime mowing and brush clearing that must be done to mitigate the summer fire danger. I now have all of the materials needed to start my new wood track but am having difficulty deciding on the final design of the layout. Call me fickle but I want it all.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CatRacer » Thu May 26, 2016 7:43 am

I'll be at Indy. Anyone else?
CatRacer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu May 26, 2016 9:55 am

Some yardwork over the next day or two. Then... off to Indy for the 100th running!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DManley » Thu May 26, 2016 10:41 am

Hiding out in my house waiting for all of the drunks to go back South after the weekend.

(Guess who lives in a tourist trap!)

I'll probably watch the races on Sunday.
DManley

Postby zilger » Thu May 26, 2016 11:37 am

Weather permitting and barring any emergency calls from work:

Massive car show at Lane Automotive on Saturday
Watching the three races on Sunday while doing some grilling and hopefully running a few laps on the garage track
Cruising in the 1:1 Mustang

Brian
zilger

Postby rbianchi » Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 am

Closing the store and headed to Barre, VT to watch the races at Ken Squire's Thunder Road. I will fill all the orders when we get back.

Thinking of all those who gave their lives so we can live in this great place on earth :flags-waveusa:

Oh.......almost forgot, birthday 53 on Sunday :angry-tappingfoot:
rbianchi

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:03 pm

I'm on my way to INDY as we speak, going to be a great weekend.

Indymatt, you have a pm
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Thu May 26, 2016 1:14 pm

the family and i are going camping again :)

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TsgtRet » Thu May 26, 2016 2:09 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 26, 2016 4:46 pm

I had plans, but this burned up wiring in the car is killing me. Today I found that there are other burned areas further up the line that I didn't know about. And the 35 foot long body wiring harness I paid $200 for is not a match. The heat of summer finally got here just in time to kick my butt, and I really need the car. So, all plans are cancelled, and I'm going to hit this thing hard, and keep going all weekend. I have several doses of nitro glycerine ready if I get into trouble, and a wife who is a 40+ year veteran Emergency/Critical Care nurse.
Its now a few hours later and I now know that the butt splices I bought for this are too big to go side-by-side through the little holes the wiring passes through. I have ordered what I need, and I may be doing this next week. Crap.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu May 26, 2016 6:01 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Big weekend plans?

Postby dreinecke » Thu May 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Let's see...new resins to show off, 20 TONS of rock being delivered for landscaping that I'll be moving by wheelbarrow, 3 Jeeps to wash and wax, and get to clean up the mess after golf-ball sized hail today. It defoliated most of the trees and annihilated the flowers the wife just planted. Gotta love spring!

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu May 26, 2016 6:16 pm

Ouch

You had me at new resins to show off

Living vicariously through you :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:46 pm

A ride from Buffalo to Indy for the race for us.
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale