[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Big weekend plans?

Big weekend plans?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Big weekend plans?

Postby dreinecke » Fri May 27, 2016 6:56 pm

Had two hours...got about 2 tons moved. Now the clouds are ominous and after last night's hail...well...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby slothead » Fri May 27, 2016 9:56 pm

A handful of decades ago I'd be making a baloney and cheese sandwich, getting a bowl of chips and a glass of pineapple soda and heading down to the basement to spend a day racing my slot cars while listening to the Indy 500 on the radio. I specifically remember almost crying when the STP turbine car broke while leading with less than 5 laps to go - I was a big fan of innovations. That must have been why I loved the Cartoon's (hot rod comics) story about a guy entering an unpowered car with a sail in the race and drafting his way to victory (no pitstops needed).

I 'm going to repeat that as much as possible on Sunday - except I'll get to watch multiple races on TV while switching between the oval and road course in the mancave. My pitstops for refueling will include burgers and brats off the grill with baked beans and cole slaw. I'll pass on the chips and soda as I work to manage my blood sugar without meds.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby mokid » Sat May 28, 2016 1:50 am

my plans are work on my one to one roller motor and build a chase or two
mokid
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CatRacer » Sat May 28, 2016 5:07 am

CatRacer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 2FER SLOTS » Sat May 28, 2016 6:14 am

Over to Phil's to watch him build a track ;),back home to spend time with my favorite Ford (9N) in the jungle that is my yard and the rest of the weekend is Mrs. 2FER and I doing whatever seems fun at the time :flags-waveusa:
2FER SLOTS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat May 28, 2016 9:32 am

Had a trip yesterday for today's family gathering.

Smoker is rolling and Carrera track warm :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dw5555 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:35 am

No slots here...old war movies overload.... :banana-dance:

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat May 28, 2016 11:21 am

Tri-tip and ribs are rolling

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BIG E » Sat May 28, 2016 2:25 pm

I'll be sitting quietly in my recliner at home in front of the big flat screen, wireless headphones on. Grand Prix of Monaco followed by the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500. Also, the DVR will be backing up everything for me. None of my usual Monaco GP breakfast, Indy 500 luncheon, or other distracting activities this year. I want to be able immerse myself in both events (especially Indy), unmolested! After the Indy broadcast goes off the air -- then it'll be time to join the other crazies here for Beer 'n' BBQ, wherever that may be! The NASCAR race will be on along with the stick and ball stuff at any of the parties later on in the day. So I'm a loner this year, at least for part of the day. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.
Thanks to all our servicemen and women, past and present. Be safe and enjoy! -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sat May 28, 2016 2:49 pm

glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat May 28, 2016 4:04 pm

Harry, you are sooo lucky to have a real butcher. Around here its like the Local Hobby Shop extinction. I keep thinking about all the places I have lived and the great butchers' shops I knew. Damned corporate grocers have done a lot of harm. None of my local grocers even have a butcher. The "Meat Dept." is nothing more than dumbasses who know nothing at all about meat who thaw out whatever crap the corporate people send them.

I will say that Egman's has come to our area, and they used to be very good about having butchers on duty.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby DrumPhil » Sat May 28, 2016 7:28 pm

DrumPhil
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:56 pm

After a six day road trip to Smithers and back, (It's about 100 miles east of the southern end of Alaska) we arrived home yesterday. I went to our usual Friday Race Night at Luf's, and then back there again today to help run the Canada Slot Car Proxy. 26 basically stock, but individually prepared MR Slotcar McLarens were great close action and a lot of fun, as these are superbly well designed cars. Time for some shopping and slot car work the rest of today.

Tomorrow we plan to watch racing. We record them all, so we will start with Monaco, then Indy, and the Coke 600 in the evening. In between we will have my birthday dinner with five of my kids, their spouses, and six grandkids. The 31st is my actual birthday. Remember I am Retro Racer "44", so you can guess how old I will be.

Monday in Canada is not a holiday, but when you are retired it is, and then I will finish up with racing on Mike's Airport.

Should be a good weekend.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Sun May 29, 2016 8:14 am

23:00 on 5/29 here in Japan. Spent the day at Tokyo Disneysea and now prepared to fall asleep during the Indy 500. Hopefully to wake up for the closing laps or at least for the 600. I "watch" F1 online via formula1.com.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Vintage 1/24 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:14 am

Spend Saturday night at the 1/4 mile oval watching short track racing, notably the modifieds, and midgets.

Hard to get that slice of Americana experience anymore - everything is so slick and sophisticated these days - but had a great time hanging at the track enjoying grass roots racing.

SHORT TRACK RACING, LONG ISLAND -

Turns out this is what slot car racers do in the off-season!
Vintage 1/24
Mr. NY Modified

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale