[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCALEXTRIC #3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop BREAKS COVER!!!!

SCALEXTRIC #3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop BREAKS COVER!!!!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

SCALEXTRIC #3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop BREAKS COVER!!!!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SCALEXTRIC #3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop BREAKS COVER!

Postby dr fabio » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:52 pm

How hard can it be to do a bit of homework to get the facts right. Moffat didnt win in the XB in 76. That was Bob Morris in the Torrie....which Scaly have already done. Having said all that, bring it on, awesome model. Yeah!! :D

cheers
Dr Fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Woke up this morning to find an email that said mine was posted Yesterday !!!!!
I really hope that this is a good 'un.
Please,Please dont be another Charger like effort. Or there will be a pack of rabid Aussies going nuts.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Lucky Bugger!

I put my order in this morning by "pronto" post....

Ted it will be fine, I dare say Scalextric know by how how some Aussies are about their slot cars...

....No doubt the possibility of the Gold dog dish hub caps from the Charger turning up on it is there, but.....

:P

Would love to know the release numbers on this car, its global so there will be a heap, I see Oz is pretty much sold out (hint, try TOYWORLD if they get scarce, they are dear but you can generally find them there)....

.....I paid fuel and food on a holiday once with what I made picking up Moffat Mustangs from Toyworld shops along the way and re-selling on Ebay, the big question is are the Moffat XB's going to do the same??
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Xr4ti » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:15 pm

awesome job by the one Slot Car company that appeals to racers worldwide. Scalextric, thank you for bringing us together on another fine product. This goes well beyond what most would consider a toy manufacturer, there aren't any kids that know much about this latest release. It says a lot to us, as enthusiasts that you built this for us. Thanks again!
Xr4ti
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Ditto that sentiment :)

I'm just plain stoked ANY slot car company released Iconic Aussie cars for us...
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:58 pm

I just dropped an order for 2 into TopSlots lap. So excited. Whooohooooo Image Go Scaley!

Not bought a Scalextric car in I don't know how long. Better behave better than the darned Torry. :x
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:08 pm

I reckon the Ford will be the better of the two Ember, it's a sidewinder FC can set-up which will make tuning a snap, no more nutty FF motor to worry about :)

Darren definitely has them in stock, mine shipped last night our time, plus it's bringing a mate!

I love the Group C endurance era, I had to get one of those Kremer Porsche CK5's from Flyslot to see if they will hang with my Slot.its and Mono March 83G.

Some good stuff is starting to get released :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 pm

G'day Guys,

I've just seen the first photo of this model on FACEBOOK, I've put a share on my page, the post comes from the Australian V8 Supercars page on FB.

The car looks really good to me, nice, I think its going to be a winner!!!

Original photo comes from MRE in the UK.....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Looks like they've pretty much all gone to pre order in Oz.
Selling out quick in the UK too.
The first pic I saw was horribly distorted and I thought "oh no"
Then I saw the one on the MRE site that Rob talked about, I must say it looks like it's gonna be ok. Whew, no gold Hubcaps.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:02 pm

...I think it will Ted :)

About the only thing I can question is the front grille/clip of the car...

...The front of the guards look fine, just wondering about the overall shape of the nose, is it too square?

Having said that I know what it is, its good enough for me, I'll let someone else with more time on their hands than me pick the carp out of it if they desire to, I like it and am thankful we have it in the 1/32 scale fold....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:17 pm

From that picture I think it's pretty right Rob, the XB and XC were pretty square accross the nose of the bonnet (XA had more of a pointy bit !!?? {Tech Talk} ).
Cant really see much of the grille itself but it even looks as though they've done the Perspex Headlight protectors, which is pretty cool.
With the Grille and bumper seperate pieces, it's going to be a piece of cake to do an XC down the track. Overall I think they've done a good job. Obviously once it's sitting in my hot little hands I'll be able to get a good look at it. But if it looks as good in the flesh so to speak. I think I'll be getting that Brut 33 car later this year.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Ok,

Well thats good enough for me mate, only had recollections of a mates XB GS Fairmont to go on!

Will be good, another Aussie class of racing over here.

Must admit it will make a refreshing change from the "taxicab" racing we have had, particularly since the FG turned up on the scene, it killed the others stone dead ('cept if you Smokey Yunick tune!)....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Yes.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dr fabio » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Just add fake blower, long range tanks and paint your Moffat #9 matt black and presto you have one mad max car.

cheers
dr fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale