[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Father's Day Weekend!

TGIF - Father's Day Weekend!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Father's Day Weekend!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:23 am

Well this weekend is special one for all you Dad's out there. No better time to get those extra toys you have been pining for than now eh?

I had a nice jewelry box arrive from Slot Car Corner that will let me start my "Summer of Sportsman" projects. 3 cars to build in this group. 2 of the RMS Resins Sportsmans and my own Buick. And finally the 37 Ford Slantback coming on from Shotgun Dave.

Planning a nice trip this Saturday up to Wentzville Mo. Recon the home our daughter is moving into AND wouldn't you know it, the best hobby store in St. Louis is only 20 miles away :) Mark Twain Hobbies here I come :dance:

And to ice this cake, the latest Vette from Carrera is heading my way as well. Not many modern GT cars interest me, but this car is one of the few. Look forward to a good wrench session when it arrives next week.

I hope all of you have a great weekend. Enjoy it to the fullest.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Father's Day Weekend!

Postby bookie » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:32 am

Trying to figure out what parts I need for my Indy Proxy build. Is there still a big flea market in Wentzville.
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:39 am

Well im finishing the packing this weekend. we move Thursday the 23rd. have a lot to do yet! im chomping at the bit to get the new slot cave up and running. im really missing building and racing!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:04 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:26 pm

I'm thinking Road Trip.

Need to break it in anyway. Scuff the tires and head East.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Junior » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Too shiny, needs a little patina...can you get craft paint by the gallon? :lol:
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby ccobra » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:41 pm

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:35 pm

Congrats brother!!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:47 pm

it isn't fathers day here in NZ until September
but the local slot shop has a big sale on this weekend and has Difalco controllers at under half price with my club discount added to it
so splashed out on a D304

so happy Dave's day for me :banana-dance:
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:57 pm

I hope that everyone here has a great Fathers day and hope your special plans are fulfilled. After a week of being under the weather and having a case of the Hersey Squirts where I could bend over and knock our a ground squirrel at fifty feet, hopefully things can get back to normal around here. I had been working on a Pinto project off and on for the last year so I let one of my younger grandson run it on the track. That may not sound like much but when I overheard him tells his older brothers over the phone how awesome it was, it really hit a soft spot in me. So, I should finish up the body work and paint and get some pictures. I'm also in the process of modeling up a 410 sprint racer to take done to the local club that I joined. It will be 1/24 since that is what they run there along with one of those 60k motors in it. hopefully I can keep it on the track. Then I plan on hopefully finding enough pictures this weekend of a Rover 3500 so that I can attempt to model one of those up. And since I won't be to busy I should be able to mow the lawn and take the grandkids for a ride on the Hog (ATV) to Manwan for some real homestyle racing.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:36 pm

The dearest, sweetest, most beautiful little girl in the whole world came to see me from 700 miles away, and helped me finish the re-wiring of the Big Blue Whale. All 27 pairs that were burned are now spliced. When it stops raining I will connect the battery and look for smoke! If it burns to the ground, I will still be touched to my heart. Speaking of burning to the ground, she drove up in the newest hot Camaro http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/201 ... ive-review. She is the copy editor for Car & Driver. That is the car she drove me to lunch in... at unspeakable speed. Good for my heart, also.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:33 pm

Had a nice time at Mark Twain

What a nice day

Posted with my SmartyPants phone The General gave me.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Spent part of the day TRYING to put the final tune on my Brass-Am entry & my 90's Nascar.
I think they're as good as I can make them. Maybe just a "little more" work on the Nascar. I've got so many
laps on it already it's pretty scuffed up. I guess that tells you how good I am at tuning if it spent that much time
in the wall & on it's roof. :mad:
I also spent a lot of time tweaking all my "dirt" late models. I replaced & trued a bunch of wheels & tires while
I played around with body mounting points. I'll get the hang of this some day.

:clap: ............HAPPY POP'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU................... :dance:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale