TGIF - Cool Racing Time

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Cool Racing Time

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:03 am

Not sure about your weather, but it is a very hot and overall sticky summer so far.

Which is what makes our hobby so COOL. Because the Ye Olde Skunkworks is a pleasant 70 degrees with no humidity :)

So tomorrow we will host a small little slot meet with some of our local slot car stars. And you can't host a race with celebrities like these without a proper grilling session. So it's Bratwursts, with all the fixin's. :)

The HRW "ShapeShifter Resin Shop" is busy rolling out low grade Buicks and I am already working on my next project. It's a FORD this time and will be traveling back in time as well. Hopefully it comes out better than my first effort. It is fun to create your own models, although it takes more patience than I bargained for.

Chassis building on the bench as well with the latest RMS Sportsman.

Hope all of you can stay cool and have some fun this weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Cool Racing Time

Postby dreinecke » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:59 am

Working today.

I'll continue working on my Sportsman Chevelle and Duster. I was able to decal them up last night, so they are getting close. I am still working on several other new resin projects (all T/A) at the moment too.

I need to clean up the shop and process some orders as well. I also had my almost 12 year old Harbor Freight compressor fail right before vacation so I've got a new one to install. I'm VERY happy with the service I got from a $159 compressor after all this time. Say what you will, but I have had nothing but good luck with their stuff.

Putting the Sun Sails up on the deck tomorrow and doing some yard work and grilling as well.

BTW - the RMS Skunkworks is a balmy 68 degrees year-round. LOVE IT!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: TGIF - Cool Racing Time

Postby TsgtRet » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:20 am

Well my workbench is a wee bit muggier than Harry and Dave's so I'm working on getting a couple of boxes ready to go out in the A/C of the house. I am getting in a little bench time in the evenings so I may keep working on my Pan Am 300SL.

OK, DR, I'll admit ignorance.....sun sails?

Harry enjoy those brats!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale