[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCOTY 2016 - Slot Car Of The Year

SCOTY 2016 - Slot Car Of The Year

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Poll ended at Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:42 pm

1. Thunderslot Lola MKIII
25%
2. Policar Lotus 72
24%
3. Slot.it Alfa 155 V6TI DTM
7%
4. Sideways BMW 320
7%
5. Sideways IMSA Mustang
17%
6. Scalextric BMW E30 M3
No votes
7. Scalextric BMW 125
No votes
8. Carrera Ferrari 365 P2
20%

Total votes : 75

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Must be a NEW MOLD for this past year.

1. Thunderslot Lola MKIII

2. Policar Lotus 72

3. Slot.it Alfa 155 V6TI DTM

4. Sideways BMW 320

5. Sideways IMSA Mustang

6. Scalextric BMW E30 M3

7. Scalextric BMW 125

8. Carrera Ferrari 365 P2
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: SCOTY 2016 - Slot Car Of The Year

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:45 pm

I won't hide my vote. It was TOUGH! and literally a tie, but the nod went to the Policar Lotus 72.

I felt the Carrera Torino is my overall car of the year though. Not a new mold BUT it has been many years since seeing it and the return was VERY popular.

So chime in, make your vote and even if your favorite this year isn't listed, let us know what car made your year's best.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Very tough choice for me too but the sideways mustang has been a car ive been waiting for a bit now. And i have one finally :).
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Oscar Racing » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:26 pm

The Cloverleaf Team drove the Sideways BMW 320 to victory in the Orange barrel series at the store...

This car is very underrated, it looks top heavy, but it runs like a quick little go cart...
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:15 pm

For me it was a tough decision between the Lola and the Ferrari 365 P2, and I am leaning toward the Ferrari. The others are either out of my race interest or just crazy expensive for what you get and out of the question.

I'm going to say The Carrera Ferrari 365 P2. Overall value per dollar, tune-ability, and terrific good looks.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby mikeinclover » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Had to go with the Thunderslot, it is a great running car out of the box with a lot of potential. I think at the price point it s a good deal not a great deal but a good one.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:35 pm

i'll have to wait until I get 'em out of their boxes and try 'em when I get home. tough to call.
speed
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Detail in the Policar Lotus did it for me. Thunderslot Lola a strong second.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:58 am

This is a tough one. I haven't bought any of these cars yet. At this point in my life, the only one that is the most compelling to me is the Carrera Ferrari. But it is a fairly straight forward move on the part of Carrera as are the two Scaleys for them. The Sideways cars are pretty typical for them. The Thunderslot Lola reminds me of an NSR classic. Too fast and too squashed down for the model it represents. If Policar/ Slot.it has truely made a classic F1 car that is race-able as what I hear about this one, that would be very notable. But that Slot.it Alpha is a true departure. A saloon body with a quality chassis made by a standout company that has only modeled prototype cars before now. That is the car that will get my vote.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:56 am

I would have voted for the Carrera Torino as well.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Thunderslot Lola for me. Drives better than ANY of my NSR 917s that I've proxy prepped (maybe that's the problem) right out the box. Local Hobby store North Central Hobbies called to tell me my Carrera Ferrari 365s are in :banana-dance: which based on looks and digital Magnet racing potential would be my second choice.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:52 pm

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:03 pm

For my money a slot car must primarily perform, then if it looks great that is a bonus. That makes the Thunder Slots Lola my choice. Plus I'm not really interested in most of the others. I don't buy a lot of F1 cars, current or past but that Policar Lotus may just sway me to get it.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:04 am

Don't have any so it was strictly by looks...

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:10 am

I have the top four (five if you count the Mustang which is really a Capri chassis [I have the Jager Capri] with a Mustang body) and until the Thunderslot Lola came out, the Policar Lotus (got three) was it for me for SCOTY, no question but the Lola just did it in so many ways. But hats off to Sideways regardless, their products are top notch and with the new Lamborghini on the horizon, things are looking even brighter. The Slot. It Alfa was quite good even it did come with a true 21K, that got remotered very quickly. Scaley, I buy for the bodies and throw out the chassis and replace with a 3D one. Unless they're the vintage F1s, of which I have 20 or so. Those I tune with lead and tires - lovely bit of kit. The new Carrera 365 in question or any Carrera for that matter just doesn't scratch my itch - they're too clunky and toy-like for me. Looking forward to 2017!
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale